Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Suicide Squad?

1. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Suicide Squad?

Advertisements
    Has anyone seen it yet? Is it worth seeing on the big screen? Dh has heard that it's not all it was hyped up to be and doesn't really want to see it anymore...
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  2. Senior Member
    It's gotten pretty bad reviews on rotten tomatos

3. Senior Member
    I also debated going based on critics, but we did and I thought it was good. DH said it jumped around a lot, but thats how comic books read, so it made sense for the movie. Critics and non-comic-book-readers don't like that apparently and thats the biggest negative about it.

but I'd totally go see it again
  4. Senior Member
    Stop reading reviews! Haters gonna hate

It's fun. Whether or not it's worth seeing on the big screen of course depends on the person but it was entertaining I thought. Less Joker than they advertised but more Harley than I was expecting and I thought Margot Robbie did a very spot on interpretation of her! The whole team of 'bad guys as good guys' was pretty well fleshed out I thought and really made me enjoy the characters. But also I'm easily entertained and love going to the movies.
  5. Senior Member
    I'm going to see it tonight so after I see it I'll tell you if I think it was worth it
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Just go in without expectations and enjoy it for what it is!
  7. Senior Member
    Just got home from seeing it. I thought it was really good. It was entertaining. There was a lot of action and quite a few jokes that kept you laughing. I read the reviews and don't understand why people are so disappointed. I'm not into comics so maybe that's why? My opinion, I'd see it again
  8. Senior Member
    I was checking out the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, and it seems the critics hate it but the fans loved it. Though, even fans who enjoyed the movie said there wasn't a strong plot. I never go off the critics reviews anyway so I still have high hopes for it and will be seeing it soon.

9. Senior Member
    The only people on my fb feed who have said it was good are people I would never go to for movie recs they always like trash. My best friend is super into movies, super into batman in general, has been pumped for this movie since it was announced, and he hated it. He said its worth renting but he wouldn't recommend seeing it in a theatre.

I'm disappointed. I was really excited for this when I heard the concept but all the promo for it has looked really bad to me. I think they made a huge mistake going PG13 and trying to be family friendly.