Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Captain America: Civil War **Possible Spoilers**

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Captain America: Civil War **Possible Spoilers**

Advertisements
    Who has seen it? Love it? Hate it? Thoughts?

Personally, I liked it. There was quite a bit of story-telling but I feel that the amount of action was well-balanced. I loved the divide between the Avengers and they did a great job capturing the emotion behind each of their choices. And most importantly....RDJ looked hot as usual, am I right?
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Going to see it in a couple of hours.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Senior Member
    Gah I think it was kind of a mess & not a Captain America movie at all.

SPOILERS
    Ironman had the character arc/development and like all the emotional moments. Well, Bucky also had a good arc and T'Challa. But if the ~*main character*~ had none that's pretty bad. And like? Freezing Bucky at the end? WTF?!!! Tony recruiting Spider-Man as a literal child and putting him against a super soldier and an assassin? JFC. Tony's "Pepper left me" motive to start this whole she-bang? Cap kissing Sharon? Sharon getting one of my favorite Cap speeches? Rhodey getting hurt (the black guy? Of course. Maybe I should just be happy they didn't kill him off. I mean they now have 3 black guys (and like 7 white ones or something) so do they really need him Ugh.)

But yknow there was good stuff, too. Love this new Spider-Man. He was kinda shoe-horned into the movie and you can tell but oh well he had some great comedic lines which is why I love Spidey man TBH. His suit looks great! And he kicked ass! I loved the fight scene. It was fantastic. Tony would've won win Spidey on his side. Bucky broke my heart. And Tony did too when we had to watch his parents die. God that and then the fight scene after broke my damn heart. I'm a little tired of seeing Tony try to do good things and just fuck things up in the biggest way. Poor Tony, he tries. Loved T'challa's story line, too.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    Gah I think it was kind of a mess & not a Captain America movie at all.

SPOILERS
    Ironman had the character arc/development and like all the emotional moments. Well, Bucky also had a good arc and T'Challa. But if the ~*main character*~ had none that's pretty bad. And like? Freezing Bucky at the end? WTF?!!! Tony recruiting Spider-Man as a literal child and putting him against a super soldier and an assassin? JFC. Tony's "Pepper left me" motive to start this whole she-bang? Cap kissing Sharon? Sharon getting one of my favorite Cap speeches? Rhodey getting hurt (the black guy? Of course. Maybe I should just be happy they didn't kill him off. I mean they now have 3 black guys (and like 7 white ones or something) so do they really need him Ugh.)

But yknow there was good stuff, too. Love this new Spider-Man. He was kinda shoe-horned into the movie and you can tell but oh well he had some great comedic lines which is why I love Spidey man TBH. His suit looks great! And he kicked ass! I loved the fight scene. It was fantastic. Tony would've won win Spidey on his side. Bucky broke my heart. And Tony did too when we had to watch his parents die. God that and then the fight scene after broke my damn heart. I'm a little tired of seeing Tony try to do good things and just fuck things up in the biggest way. Poor Tony, he tries. Loved T'challa's story line, too.

What speech? And I thought them getting together was accurate and supposed to happen.

And I agree, this movie was high emotion and I loved it for that.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst View Post
    What speech? And I thought them getting together was accurate and supposed to happen.

And I agree, this movie was high emotion and I loved it for that.
    The one Sharon gives at Peggy's funeral... It's not verbatim but I was just sad to see it go to her as I don't like/care about her character & would've preferred Cap to have said his own speech instead. And, yeah, I definitely disagree about him & Sharon-- but like that's just an opinion.
  6. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I really enjoyed it.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  7. Senior Member
    I really liked the movie, saw a much earlier release of it here in Germany so memory might be fuzzy.

I was genuinely surprised how well they did The Black Panther, and the portrayal of Spider-Man was spot on (literally supposed to be a teenager/kid who gets so overly excited and amused by his rivals/enemies' abilities); like being astonished about Bucky's bionic arm, and Ant-Man becoming almost half the size of Ultra-Man. Thank god they left out that he can shoot out spider webs out of his wrists biologically.

Not sure what Ant-Man's motives were for joining the Cap's side, figured it was because of his history (criminal, not necessarily overall a good hero but more of an opportunist).

This movie made me more genuinely curious about The Black Panther, cant wait for his origin story in 2018! Did find it weird they introduced him without his origin story being the first introduction of him (then again, I felt like they kinda/sort of did the same thing with Deadpool in Wolverine Origin)

I did like how they have shown the flaws of the Avengers' that even when they do a lot of good within the world that prevents a terrorist attack, they are still subject to causing casaulties either by accident or because of challengers/mournful rivals.

I especially liked how they are not going to patch everything up for the Avenger's working for the government at the end. Theyre going in a new direction, still the Avengers, but in a different path.

Marvel did good. Put DC to shame. Cant wait for the next movie (Dr. Strange).

Also got to say the scratch marks on Cap's shield from Panther's attack was a nice touch. His claws are of the same material of Cap's shield right if I remember correctly...?

Overall, I really liked it.
  8. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    I LOVED it. I was totally fangirling. It was everything we wanted and more. Tom Holland's Spider-Man is my favorite! Adored him as Peter Parker and Spidey, and Chadwick's Black T'Challa/Panther, holy shit, he's definitely a favorite. Fucking bad ass. Loved his story arc. I also love Ant-Man and Bucky. I love 'em all. I teared up in many scenes. All of the Avengers got their time to shine and I could totally understand why they all believed they were doing what they thought was right. I could feel the emotional turmoil and sincerity in their convictions. I was NOT feelin' Steve and Sharon at all. I know the Russo brothers have wanted to keep Steve and Nat's relationship on the platonic side, but I'll always root for Steve and Nat, and if Steve goes rogue like some suspect, it may open doors for Bucky and Nat, and maybe Bucky as Capt. A.

The Russo brothers are awesome. I'm looking forward to Infinity Wars and Coogler's Black Panther. I'm more excited for Spider-Man: Homecoming! Yay!!

I nudged H during the Spidey scenes. He's a Spidey fanboy. This entry is our favorite of the MCU movies.
    Pax, Aeon
  9. Senior Member
    I loved it too. Spiderman is supposed to be young, he's young in the comics. I thought the fight scenes were epic and I'm team cap all the way.

if you wanted to be nit picky, in the comics there's the avengers and the west coast avengers, because they split. The west coast avengers were all the minor characters like hawkeye and black widow. In this movie Hawkeye is with captain america, so it already doesn't follow the comic. But, who cares? I think it was awesome.

also of course they hurt rodey, he's a minor character. He's not an "important avenger". and I think freezing bucky made sense the hell else are they gonna do with him?

10. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I loved it but didn't feel like it was a Captain America movie I don't/didn't read any of the comics so my knowledge of the characters and what is supposed to happen is limited to what DH complains about, I watch the movies because DH and DD love them and they are kinda entertaining. The only bad thing I have to say about the whole movie is there were some really slow parts that kinda drug out but not enough to say I didn't like it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast