Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Divergent Series (Spoilers, maybe?)

1. Regular Member

Confused Divergent Series (Spoilers, maybe?)

Advertisements
    So I read all of the Divergent Series books before they were made into movies and I loved them so, of course, I had to see the movies. And, well, I can't say I haven't been disappointed. I mean, of course they're going to be different than the books in some ways, but Insurgent was terrible. But I saw Allegiant last weekend and I was actually surprised at how much I liked it. Corny, yes, complete with bad acting and really awkward kissing, but honestly, I actually really enjoyed it! So for part 2 of the movie, I'm REALLY hoping they don't change the ending from what the book ending was. I would love to see the ending played out in the movie just like (or at least mainly) like the book. Tris didn't go through everything she went through for nothing! (Even though the box thing in the 2nd movie wasn't even in the book, but whatever...)
  2. Senior Member

That's the main reason that I haven't seen the movies! I've read all the books including the one from Four's point of view and I don't want to be disappointed. I am such a book worm it usually happens because the images in my head are SO much better than the movies. There are some movies that are great even if they divert from the book some, but it doesn't happen that often so I never know if it's worth the time and effort to watch the movies. lol
  3. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    The Divergent series is my guilty pleasure.

I really hope they stick to the real ending of the series, too!
  4. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I'm a really huge fan of the series and I've really enjoyed all the movies so far.

But i'm also not one of those people that get mad when things are done differently in movies. I'm able to appreciate them both separately. You just get things from books that you can't get in movies IMO. I *do* hope that they keep the ending, even though it really saddened

I haven't seen the 3rd one yet. Not sure if we'll see it in theaters or not.
  5. we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    I'm a really huge fan of the series and I've really enjoyed all the movies so far.

But i'm also not one of those people that get mad when things are done differently in movies. I'm able to appreciate them both separately. You just get things from books that you can't get in movies IMO. I *do* hope that they keep the ending, even though it really saddened

I haven't seen the 3rd one yet. Not sure if we'll see it in theaters or not.
    See, I don't mind if it's somewhat different but if the ending or a major detail that changes the entire outcome of the book/series is changed, it just really frustrates me. The author wrote it that way for a reason! One example is the movie adaptation of My Sister's Keeper. They completely changed the ending and it absolutely ruined the whole thing. Even the author of the book said so!
  6. Love never fails. ♥
    Love never fails. ♥

I loved the books and I really have loved the movies as well. Like airmanssweetie, I too can appreciate the movies and the books separately. I honestly won't be surprised in the slightest if they change the ending of the second part of Allegiant. There was such a HUGE uproar about the book, that it makes me wonder if they're going to keep it like the book or not. I didn't know there was a second part and totally thought they'd changed the end when we saw Allegiant.

7. Senior Member
    Am I the only one who's kind of forgotten the ending. I know something sad happens, and I think I remember who it happens to, but the details are completely gone. I absolutely loved the first book, but as seems to the the case with pretty much every dsytopian YA trilogy (Divergent, Hunger Games, Mazerunner, and probably more I am forgetting), I though each book was worse than the last. Maybe that's why I don't remember, since I wasn't nearly as invested by the end of the series.
    Last edited by villanelle; 03-27-2016 at 01:58 PM.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  8. we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Am I the only one whose kind of forgotten the ending. I know something sad happens, and I think I remember who it happens to, but the details are completely gone. I absolutely loved the first book, but as seems to the the case with pretty much every dsytopian YA trilogy (Divergent, Hunger Games, Mazerunner, and probably more I am forgetting), I though each book was worse than the last. Maybe that's why I don't remember, since I wasn't nearly as invested by the end of the series.
    I agree with you for sure. It definitely got a little dull/unappealing towards the end. Maybe that's why the author put that twist in there at the finish?
  9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Divergent♥ View Post
    I loved the books and I really have loved the movies as well. Like airmanssweetie, I too can appreciate the movies and the books separately. I honestly won't be surprised in the slightest if they change the ending of the second part of Allegiant. There was such a HUGE uproar about the book, that it makes me wonder if they're going to keep it like the book or not. I didn't know there was a second part and totally thought they'd changed the end when we saw Allegiant.
    I won't be surprised if they change the ending, either. I don't want them to, but there's definitely a chance that they will. I thought they changed it too when we saw Allegiant, but I had to look it up and checked and they're making a part 2 called Ascendant.
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Am I the only one who's kind of forgotten the ending. I know something sad happens, and I think I remember who it happens to, but the details are completely gone. I absolutely loved the first book, but as seems to the the case with pretty much every dsytopian YA trilogy (Divergent, Hunger Games, Mazerunner, and probably more I am forgetting), I though each book was worse than the last. Maybe that's why I don't remember, since I wasn't nearly as invested by the end of the series.
    I actually got the end spoiled for me before I finished it, which is probably why I remember so much of the 3rd book. It was a lot more "sciencey" than the other two, which kind of threw me off because of all the talk of DNA and genes. But, if we're just talking about the ending, I thought it was great. (Sad, but I was satisfied).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast