Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hey Gilmore Girls fans!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Me too. I don't understand why they had to have an affair. It's just so unlike Rory. I thought she would have learned her lesson when she slept with Dean while he was married to Lindsay. Old boyfriend or not, taken means taken.

Plus, I was never a fan of Logan anyway.
    She has so much going for her all the time but they put her in these situations? It makes no sense. I guess everyone has to have their downfalls...
  2. Senior Member
    Spoiler -->

Has to be Logan, from when they did that fun night with all the guys! Ugh. Which leaves so much more that needs answers.. Like, is she going to tell him or is she going to do her mom and run away? I need more!!
  3. Senior Member
    A very negative review of the new GG episodes. WARNING: DO NOT read this review if you haven't watched all episodes. Contains spoilers! Personally I feel like this reviewer is too harsh, she sounds mad.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/28/1...review-netflix
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redchicken View Post
    A very negative review of the new GG episodes. WARNING: DO NOT read this review if you haven't watched all episodes. Contains spoilers! Personally I feel like this reviewer is too harsh, she sounds mad.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/28/1...review-netflix
    Wow.. That is extremely negative. Sheesh. It seems like she is being negative, just to be so. I don't agree with a lot of what was said, and didn't read the whole thing. I do feel like parts could have been better, but over all, I really liked it.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Wow.. That is extremely negative. Sheesh. It seems like she is being negative, just to be so. I don't agree with a lot of what was said, and didn't read the whole thing. I do feel like parts could have been better, but over all, I really liked it.
    Exactly, same with me! I really liked it too. I kinda felt like I was visiting old friends.
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Both my hubby and I loved the first Gilmore Girls. We would watch it each week. We still watch it on Netflix. I was thrilled to have it back.

After the first 20 min, I realized, it was lacking something. I felt like they were trying too hard. Also, the jumping from area to area got old fast. The language got really old fast.

The last 4 words left us on a cliff hanger; but, it wouldn't be any different now as it would have been all those years ago. Just now, what will happen is less....WHAT then it would have been when Rory was 23.

I'm glad to have watched it; but, it wouldn't be something I would want to go back and watch time and time again. It was more...eh ok....then...Awesome! Can't wait to see more.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Finally finished it all. Wow.

Spoilers: I feel like they ended it like that because a) they're going to continue making the series or b) because it brings the story "full circle." In my opinion, since they mentioned "full circle" multiple times, Rory has started writing their story, and it all began with Lorelei (somehow) telling Emily she was pregnant it could very well be the end. I also believe Logan is the father, because lets face it...she doesn't even remember Paul half the time, so why would she be sleeping with him? Based on her conversation with Christopher, I don't think Rory will tell Logan if they continue the series. Christopher basically told her she was better off being raised by a single mom and we all know with Logan being engaged and who he is in general he's similar to Christopher when he was sixteen.
  8. Senior Member
    Spoilers--->I agree, it wasn't the same but I did really enjoy it. I love what they did with Emily's storyline about her life after Richard.
    I had read somewhere that the producers weren't sure if they'd do another season due to scheduling.
    I'd feel better about the ending if Rory had been in a committed relationship and we'd just assume that she'd go on to start her little family. But the fact that we're not entirely positive on who the father is (though it's obvious) and if she'll tell him or just raise the baby on her own... it left things so unresolved IMO.
    I really wished they had just ended it at Luke and Lorelai's wedding.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Spoilers: I totally cried at when their wedding showed. It was so perfect and IMO worth them waiting so long to get married. I was really worried that Luke and Lorelai were going to split when she came home from California, so I'm really glad the peace and clarity she found was that she needed him to remain in her life. I agree with Emily's storyline as well; I'm glad she's left behind things that no longer brought her happiness.
  10. Senior Member
    The new episodes weren't as incredible as I was hoping, but glad I watched them. Didn't like the Rory/Logan storyline at all. Last 4 words and then blank screen left me saying "WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME????" I'm glad they continued to reference Richard and he had a presence in the show. Wish there had been more Jess in the series than there was and that the entire musical part was much smaller or not even done...that was ridiculous in my opinion.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123