Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story: Hotel (may contain spoilers)

1. Senior Member

American Horror Story: Hotel (may contain spoilers)

Advertisements
    Did anyone watch last night???

My DVR effed up and didn't record it! I'm soooo pissed
    And it's not available on demand either. Gah WTF!?

So tell me, was it awesome? How was Lady Gaga as "the Countess"? Tell me everything!

2. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

I have it on the DVR to watch tonight

I heard it was really good!

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    I have it on the DVR to watch tonight

I heard it was really good!
    So I was able to get it on demand (seems like I just needed to re-start the cable box).

It was pretty good! I would have like to have seen more of Matt Bomer though And Denis O'Hare as Liz Taylor was perfect!

I'm excited to see how the story progresses.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I was disappointed in the level of gore and over the top violent sex. There's a difference between entertainment and shock value. I know its only the first episode, but I really miss the season one style. Season 1 wasn't G rated by any means, but it relied far more on the psychological thrills. I really appreciated that.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katyp View Post
    I was disappointed in the level of gore and over the top violent sex. There's a difference between entertainment and shock value. I know its only the first episode, but I really miss the season one style. Season 1 wasn't G rated by any means, but it relied far more on the psychological thrills. I really appreciated that.
    I loved season 1 (it had a great story), I skipped season 2, I liked season 3, didn't care much for season 4. I wish there would have been more story to the first episode. They started to get into it at the end though. IDK, I'm going to remain optimistic.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I loved season 1 (it had a great story), I skipped season 2, I liked season 3, didn't care much for season 4. I wish there would have been more story to the first episode. They started to get into it at the end though. IDK, I'm going to remain optimistic.
    Exactly the same. Except I tried to watch season 2 twice but just couldn't get through it.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

What the what?? Season 2 was awesome!

I'm waiting to see how this unfolds. I think they always get better once they have a chance to introduce more characters and develop their stories. It's usually too big of a cast to expect the first ep to really dig in. But sigh, i wish Jessica Lange would crawl out of a mattress or something asap. Even the smallest cameo would be just incredible.

And my DVR didn't record the end but I was able to watch it on FX's website. You have to enter your provider and provider email and you can watch the ep (with ads).
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender_jane View Post
    What the what?? Season 2 was awesome!

I'm waiting to see how this unfolds. I think they always get better once they have a chance to introduce more characters and develop their stories. It's usually too big of a cast to expect the first ep to really dig in. But sigh, i wish Jessica Lange would crawl out of a mattress or something asap. Even the smallest cameo would be just incredible.

And my DVR didn't record the end but I was able to watch it on FX's website. You have to enter your provider and provider email and you can watch the ep (with ads).
    I read somewhere that she's supposed to make a cameo at some point this season.

9. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Katyp View Post
    This is about where I'm at too. The over the top violence was a little overboard for me. I liked the episode but I want to see where it goes and the stories behind the characters. I feel like the Cortez has a murder house esque vibe already though like it seems so predictable. Dead souls trapped there etc.

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Did anyone watch last night???

My DVR effed up and didn't record it! I'm soooo pissed
    And it's not available on demand either. Gah WTF!?

So tell me, was it awesome? How was Lady Gaga as "the Countess"? Tell me everything!
    I missed the episode on air as well but I watch it on fxnow app for free as long as you can log in with a cable tv username. I use my time warner cable username. I also saw that the first episode is on iTunes for free too. Hopefully you will catch the episode somewhere.

It was so trippy. I think this show is one of the most innovative horror shows on television in years. And it's genuinely creepy. Every season so far has been pretty good and this one looks like it will be good too.
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast