Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Netflix vs. Hulu

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Netflix vs. Hulu

Advertisements
    What do you guys use to stream you shows and movies? Is Netflix worth it? How does it work? Do you get so many options to stream?

We have Hulu plus to try; but, I'm wondering if another is better.

I'm avoiding cable right now.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  2. Senior Member
    We have cable. But we tend to use Netflix more than Hulu (probably because we do have cable). I watch mostly old TV shows and movies. Hulu is better if you're trying to keep up with current TV shows.
  3. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

I just stream Netflix and its $9 a month. Between their original series and all the movies/shows they have, I love it. But we also have cable so Hulu is pretty much unnecessary for us.

4. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I have both. Netflix for old and movies and Hulu for current shows. Also paying for HBO go while GOT is going on plus they have some great movies on it right now too.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

5. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I use Netflix and probably couldn't live without it. I don't have a TV or cable (obviously, lol). I want to try Hulu, especially because it's got current shows on it. I might try the free month out! I can't really see going back to cable.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We do netflix and then redbox when we want to watch a new movie. I cannot stand commercials in any form so I can't even handle Hulu Netflix always always always has something to watch on it so as long as you aren't hooked on brand new shows it would be worth it I think.
  7. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I have both! Hulu+ for new stuff like Greys, Bones, Parks & Recreation. Netflix is for binge watching old stuff
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  8. Moderator

We have it all...cable, Hulu Plus, and Netflix.

It's all for different stuff. I like Netflix for a couple of stuff, but my son loves it for older shows and movies. Hulu is good for current shows, but DH loves it for some British shows he can't find anywhere else. I like it, but hate the commercials.
  9. Senior Member
    I wouldn't choose Hulu over Netflix. Like yeah they have some current shows but nothing I keep up with, and Netflix has some good original shows.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    The main things we watch are things like Mythbusters, children shows, and I was hoping some of the movies.

Is there a limit with Netflix. Many of our friends were recommending both Hulu Plus and Netflix.

Cable here is around $100 a month and I just can't justify it. We watched it for 4 days in TLF and we ended up flipping most of the time. The only thing I miss is Soccer.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast