Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: for those of you who read...

1. Champagne Supernova
    Champagne Supernova

for those of you who read...

Advertisements
    Do you prefer paper books or e-readers?

I have a Kindle now which I LOVE. I can get a book as soon as I'm done reading one and also sample books to see if it's something I'd like. But.. I'm starting to miss having an *actual* book and although we don't have the room now, I'd really like to start a collection. So I'm thinking I'm going to make the switch.

What about you?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I think I prefer actual books but at this point in my life I'm just keeping my head above water in extra curricular activities for myself so my kindle simplifies things and keeps me able to keep up on the amount of reading I'd like to do! Some people seem to get all up in arms about it but to me reading is reading no matter what format.
  3. Senior Member
    It depends. Fiction, murder mystery novels, I'll read on the nook app for my ipad. But textbooks, history books and biographies, etc. I have to have a paper copy.

4. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    I haven't ever read something on my kindle. Mainly cause you don't have to charge a book and I'm terrible at charging things lol. I just finished the girl on the train it was excellent

5. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

I would rather have a real book but the kindle is just so convenient that I won't give it up. There are so many free books and I don't have to leave my house or exert any energy to loan books to friends and never have to worry about getting a book back. I was overloaded with books, I gave a couple totes full to goodwill because I had so many. I consolidated my collection down to one bookshelf of my favorites. I miss reading in the bathtub, I won't risk dropping my kindle and ruining it.
  6. Champagne Supernova
    Champagne Supernova
    Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    I think I prefer actual books but at this point in my life I'm just keeping my head above water in extra curricular activities for myself so my kindle simplifies things and keeps me able to keep up on the amount of reading I'd like to do! Some people seem to get all up in arms about it but to me reading is reading no matter what format.
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    I would rather have a real book but the kindle is just so convenient that I won't give it up. There are so many free books and I don't have to leave my house or exert any energy to loan books to friends and never have to worry about getting a book back. I was overloaded with books, I gave a couple totes full to goodwill because I had so many. I consolidated my collection down to one bookshelf of my favorites. I miss reading in the bathtub, I won't risk dropping my kindle and ruining it.
    That's how I feel too. It's convenient and with how much I read, if keeps up with me. They're also cheaper than buying in the store.. sometimes.

And as for reading in the tub.. I risk it with my Kindle, which probably isn't smart
  7. Champagne Supernova
    Champagne Supernova
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    I haven't ever read something on my kindle. Mainly cause you don't have to charge a book and I'm terrible at charging things lol. I just finished the girl on the train it was excellent
    Was it?? I've read mix reviews and from the sample I read, it didn't really seem to interest me. Maybe I'll have to give it another try.
  8. Senior Member
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading. I am one that I don't care how I get to read as long as I do. Kindle, real books whatever. I like my kindle because I can find books by awesome authors that otherwise I would never know about because I won't buy a book by an author I don't know.
  9. Senior Member
    I can't get into e-readers but I've tried. I've had a Nook and now an iPad and never read on either. Perhaps it's too much screen time to feel relaxing? I'm not sure, but I will go get physical books at the library regularly.
  10. Champagne Supernova
    Champagne Supernova
    Quote Originally Posted by Katayoun View Post
    I can't get into e-readers but I've tried. I've had a Nook and now an iPad and never read on either. Perhaps it's too much screen time to feel relaxing? I'm not sure, but I will go get physical books at the library regularly.
    That's why I love my kindle. It isn't the fire or computer screen like.. it looks like paper. I've tried reading on a tablet and didn't like it because of the screen and lighting.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast