Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic Mike

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Magic Mike

Advertisements

So this has been popping up in my Facebook news feed. Am I the only female who thinks that this looks completely unappealing? It seems like everyone's melting over it, but I just think he looks like a trashy hoodlum And I mean when they stalk towards the camera in jeans-- is he wearing a rhinestone belt to go with his oiled, waxed chest? Things like this make me realize that I have a much narrower definition of "attractive" than I thought lol.

Anyways, anyone else just kind of cringing and uninterested? Or am I just a weirdo?
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

2. Senior Member
    Nope I'm not into it either I don't even think Channing Tatum is attractive. I like his personality in interviews and I think he's really good in 21 Jump Street but when Magic Mike came out at first I was like ...???

Then I saw 21 jump street and I was like ok, he's pretty cute. So I rented magic mike and I don't get the appeal AT ALL. Not only was he not attractive in that movie, but it sucked in general.
  3. Senior Member
    I had no desire to see the first, and that will continue with the second.

I think Channing Tatum is attractive but not really ZOMG amazing or anything, and I Luvre Matt Bomer, but I find male strippers to be seedy and creepy and gross.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm not a huge fan. Maybe on a duty night I'll rent it but I'm not super into it. I like Channing Tatum and i watched the first but I'm not crazy over it.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Magic Mike had a maybe a couple scenes (if that) where I was like OH, that's kinda hot. The rest of it was absolutely terrible and kind of a depressing story. I don't get the hype at all.
  6. Senior Member
    Due to internet connection I couldn't see the entire video, but I don't like the still shot at all. For me it wasn't their bodies or the way they were dressed, it just looks like they were stalking toward the camera and frowning, which is unappealing to me.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sldanlm View Post
    Due to internet connection I couldn't see the entire video, but I don't like the still shot at all. For me it wasn't their bodies or the way they were dressed, it just looks like they were stalking toward the camera and frowning, which is unappealing to me.

idk why but this is cracking me up
  8. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

I mean... I'd be lying if I said I didn't want Channing Tatum to grind on me like a man stripper at a Chippendale's show and I wonder where the eff was I when this kid was actually a stripper at some club in Florida but I don't really like the Magic Mike movies or think they were omg the best thing ever. There were only a few scenes in Magic Mike where you're like OH MY but other than that, yeah what a PP said, it was kind of depressing and the story was just meh. I will probably go see this movie. That or I will watch it when it comes out just because my aunt and mom love Channing as much as I do but it would just be a fun girls night, not really a focus in on the man stripper movie.

9. Senior Member
    I love his dance scene to "Pony" by Ginuwine, too sexy! That's about it for me.

I know he can't act to save his life, but I find him so gorgeous
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Okay, I'm so glad I'm not alone, seriously I just think that the overly manicured look is a huge turn off with guys-- I guess I like the rougher, masculine kind of look. And I definitely don't like the backwards hat, chains and/or scarf around his neck, fancy shoes look at all, ever. I agree, he seems like a nice guy-- just not my taste, I guess lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Nope I'm not into it either I don't even think Channing Tatum is attractive. I like his personality in interviews and I think he's really good in 21 Jump Street but when Magic Mike came out at first I was like ...???

Then I saw 21 jump street and I was like ok, he's pretty cute. So I rented magic mike and I don't get the appeal AT ALL. Not only was he not attractive in that movie, but it sucked in general.
    I totally knew that you would agree with me since you're attracted to weird-looking people I mean that in the most positive way possible, I swear lol. I've been attracted to a lot of pale, skinny nerds, so I get having weird taste. Weirdly enough, I ended up married to a tan, fairly muscular guy, but he's still a nerd Aaaaanyways, yeah, I figured you'd agree here lol.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast