Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Army Wives?!?!?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Army Wives?!?!?

Advertisements
    OK...

So, I am looking for a new series to watch now that I have on-demand. A friend suggested I watch "Army Wives." My initial thought is that it could be really cool to watch and maybe see what it is all about.

On the other hand, my Sister thinks that I ought to NOT watch it b/cit is probably filled with over-dramatic situations about this and that which could send me into a tailspin wondering if those things are going to happen to me; the negative ones!

I do LOVE Catherine Bell, though. I watch her in "The Good Witch" movies and upcoming series on Hallmark Channel and that seems like another plus to me.

Any of y'all watch it?? Thoughts? Yay? Nay?

TTYL,
    C
    Last edited by Tojai; 01-05-2015 at 07:37 PM.
  2. Senior Member
    Do you mean Army Wives? Although it was a great show, I didn't think it was very realistic... JMO.

You should watch The Unit. It tells a story from the soldiers and the wives perspective. The show stars Dennis Haysbert (the Allstate guy) and Scott Foley (the cutie from Scandal). It's definitely a show worth checking out if you like a lot of action and suspense.

3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I did mean Army Wives, but when I went to edit the post, it did not let me alter the title.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnyFTL View Post
    I did mean Army Wives, but when I went to edit the post, it did not let me alter the title.
    Yeah... I think you have to get a Mod to do it for you but it's NBD. People will understand what you meant

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I watched some of the seasons cause I was bored and DH was deployed. It is not realistic, from my side with DH in the Navy, at all. Maybe some things were accurate for the Army but I'm going to say the gist of it is not. It is dramatic for entertainment purposes. So if you watch, I'd just take it as that-entertainment.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

its a drama...its going to be drama filled...i watched it while it was on and liked most seasons but I'm not a military wife so i enjoyed the drama and it didn't freak me out at all
  7. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    I liked the first few seasons, then it got old. As for Army things, it barely touches on stuff and is quite unrealistic from those who are full army have told me. (DH is in the guard).

Its cute, sometimes heartwarming, sometimes overly dramatic, sometimes unrealistic, but not bad overall.
  8. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by FinnyFTL View Post
    I edited the post for you, OP.

In the future if you would like the title edited, you can also report your post and staff can do it for you!
  9. Senior Member
    Meh it was a good time filler. Not realistic of course, and I loved watching it when DH was home because of the rages it would send him into about how inaccurate it was But I'm glad I didn't watch it when he was deployed because I'm a worthless bag of sap when sad things happen.
  10. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I saw one episode at my friends house. Not my thing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast