Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Outlander in the UK and the Scotland vote

1. Senior Member

Outlander in the UK and the Scotland vote

Advertisements
    Some friends of mine and relatives of DB have been following the starz series Outlander, and I've heard that it is not being shown in the UK, but was available in the rest of Europe. Some people have speculated that this is due to some kind of BBC censorship r/t the Scotland vote. The last thing I was able to find on google was that it wasn't picked up for financial reasons, not political. All of the references though were not recent, so it's not really clear whether it was eventually picked up or not. Some cable shows are only picked up with last minute negotiations. Can anyone over in the UK verify that story or not, about Outlander not being shown at this time?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    IDK - but I do LOVE Outlander!
    There has been a lot of speculation/conspiracy theorizing about things with relation to the vote - ie the timing of the announcement of Will & Kate's second pregnancy, etc.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm from Scotland, never heard of the series and no idea why it's not being shown here, sorry

As for the vote, the sooner it's over the better.

"You are platinum in a world gone grey."
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Grey Mare View Post
    IDK - but I do LOVE Outlander!
    There has been a lot of speculation/conspiracy theorizing about things with relation to the vote - ie the timing of the announcement of Will & Kate's second pregnancy, etc.
    Did you read any of the books? If so, how do you think the tv series compares to the novels?
  5. Senior Member
    Love love love Outlander. I wouldn't read anything about it not being shown in Scotland. It took a while to be shown in European countries like Sweden too. I think it's all about individual countries and the negotiating of network rights.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneSays View Post
    Love love love Outlander. I wouldn't read anything about it not being shown in Scotland. It took a while to be shown in European countries like Sweden too. I think it's all about individual countries and the negotiating of network rights.
    I think so too. I'm not a big fan of most conspiracy theories. Although I would imagine the last thing the yes supporters would want on Scottish tv is this weeks episode.