Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Comcast or Verizon

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Comcast or Verizon

Advertisements
    Which do you prefer Comcast or Verizon for cable/ internet????

im debating changing to Verizon but i know nothing besides comcast haha
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    avoid comcast like the plague!!!
    it sucks.. especially in our area.. sucks big time...

we dropped comast a couple or few years ago and switched to FiOs.. do not regret it..

if you can get Cox where you are.. go with them.. but seriously.. avoid comcast...

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We have Verizon just for the internet...not FiOS though (I think). It's okay, but I find myself having to reset the internet a good 3-5 times a week. We're wanting to get cable so I'll stalk this thread
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    avoid comcast like the plague!!!
    it sucks.. especially in our area.. sucks big time...

we dropped comast a couple or few years ago and switched to FiOs.. do not regret it..

if you can get Cox where you are.. go with them.. but seriously.. avoid comcast...
    i only have verizon or comcast in my building. i always had comcast back home but here the internet is HORRIBLE!!! so bad i had to stop working from home because it kept kicking me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    We have Verizon just for the internet...not FiOS though (I think). It's okay, but I find myself having to reset the internet a good 3-5 times a week. We're wanting to get cable so I'll stalk this thread
    thats the same issue i have with comcast i hate the internet haha
  5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    that's the problem we had with comcast.. constantly going out for no reason, having to reset routers.. last straw is when i called them and they had no idea what was wraong or how to fix it.. MMMK.. by..

I have Verizon FiOs just for internet and working from home and such is a breeze.. not one problem..

well, we have of late only because we added 3 new devices and I don't think we have enough IPs open.. but that's our issue, not verizon.. but.. only once in 3-4 years has it gone down and that was due to a downed line from the weather...

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  6. Senior Member
    My grandparents have comcast and it's fucking shitty. It's always going out for no damn reason and their techs are useless.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    that's the problem we had with comcast.. constantly going out for no reason, having to reset routers.. last straw is when i called them and they had no idea what was wraong or how to fix it.. MMMK.. by..

I have Verizon FiOs just for internet and working from home and such is a breeze.. not one problem..

well, we have of late only because we added 3 new devices and I don't think we have enough IPs open.. but that's our issue, not verizon.. but.. only once in 3-4 years has it gone down and that was due to a downed line from the weather...
    awesome! thanks. i have an appt for them to come hook it up saturday. i figure if nothing else at least its cheaper for a year haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    My grandparents have comcast and it's fucking shitty. It's always going out for no damn reason and their techs are useless.
    I've never had to have a tech come thank god haha and my parents sold the one back home a house so he goes above and beyond for them
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We haven't had Comcast in about 5 years but we never had a problem with them. We have Verizon now and it is fine. No issues. One of my fav things is their storage for DVR items is huge. I've got 59 1/2 hours on there right now and it is less than 90% full. Internet speed is good. I don't think we've ever been kicked off.