Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The Sing-Off

  1. Moderator
    TheSisterWife's Avatar
    TheSisterWife is offline
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    20,566

    #1

    The Sing-Off

    Advertisements
    Who watched? I'm tentatively excited.
  2. Senior Member
    Bagelsong's Avatar
    Bagelsong is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ft. Benning, GA
    Posts
    329
    #2
    Me!! I love this show! I was in many a cappella groups in high school and college, so it is super fun for me to watch. I also love all of the judges and how they give intelligent, respectful, and contructive criticism. I went to school with some of the past season participants and have a 3rd degree of separation connection to one of the groups this season. So fun!
  3. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Crystal's Avatar
    Crystal is offline
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."
    Posts
    53,548




    #3
    This is the first season we've watched. I think I like it!
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  4. Senior Member
    Bagelsong's Avatar
    Bagelsong is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ft. Benning, GA
    Posts
    329
    #4
    As a music teacher, I also like to pretend I am a judge and come up with my own response before they do. I always feel like a badass when one of the actual judges says the same thing I would have said. LOL.
  5. i request the highest of fives!
    lorem_ipsum's Avatar
    lorem_ipsum is offline
    i request the highest of fives!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    29palms
    Posts
    10,037
    #5
    me!! i LOVED the old guys who sang 1 direction. they were my favorite, even though they weren't really technically sound.
    i'm bummed they dropped princeton right away, i've known a few guys who were in that group and they're always very good.
    there were only a few groups that i really didn't care for though! most of the time i love it all!

    annnnd ben folds is my homeboy.
  6. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    *IGrow'EmXL*'s Avatar
    *IGrow'EmXL* is offline
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    36,179
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    This is the first season we've watched. I think I like it!
    This is how I feel


  7. Moderator
    TheSisterWife's Avatar
    TheSisterWife is offline
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    20,566

    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagelsong View Post
    Me!! I love this show! I was in many a cappella groups in high school and college, so it is super fun for me to watch. I also love all of the judges and how they give intelligent, respectful, and contructive criticism. I went to school with some of the past season participants and have a 3rd degree of separation connection to one of the groups this season. So fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagelsong View Post
    As a music teacher, I also like to pretend I am a judge and come up with my own response before they do. I always feel like a badass when one of the actual judges says the same thing I would have said. LOL.
    I was impressed with Jewel (Jennifer Lawrence's doppleganger, btw, who knew)- didn't know what to expect from her, considering how... erm... "brilliant" Christina's input generally is on The Voice, but Jewel really nailed it in her commentary most of the time. I always critique them while they sing too.

    Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    me!! i LOVED the old guys who sang 1 direction. they were my favorite, even though they weren't really technically sound.
    i'm bummed they dropped princeton right away, i've known a few guys who were in that group and they're always very good.
    there were only a few groups that i really didn't care for though! most of the time i love it all!

    annnnd ben folds is my homeboy.
    Um YES the old guys were like the sweetest EVER. I love them so much. Don't even care how far they go, I just love them and their style. I thought Princeton was weak in their first performance and then impressive in their battle- it was sad to see them go.

    Next week I hope the Puerto Rican group steps it up or ships out.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MamaMia's Avatar
    MamaMia is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,109

    #8
    I dont like Voice play at all. I hope they are the next to go.
  9. Senior Member
    Debra's Avatar
    Debra is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    20,671
    Blog Entries
    1
    #9
    I love this show! I only started watching because I <3 Nick Lachey. But I really enjoy it. I have a new found respect for a cappella singers.

    Quote Originally Posted by SingWeJoyous View Post
    I was impressed with Jewel (Jennifer Lawrence's doppleganger, btw, who knew)- didn't know what to expect from her, considering how... erm... "brilliant" Christina's input generally is on The Voice, but Jewel really nailed it in her commentary most of the time. I always critique them while they sing too.
    I really like Jewel as a judge. A few years ago, a friend of ours was on Nashville Star. Jewel was a judge on it as John Rich & I forget who else. But I was always impressed with her.
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

    https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •