Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: The Sing-Off

1. Moderator

The Sing-Off

Advertisements
    Who watched? I'm tentatively excited.
  2. Senior Member
    Me!! I love this show! I was in many a cappella groups in high school and college, so it is super fun for me to watch. I also love all of the judges and how they give intelligent, respectful, and contructive criticism. I went to school with some of the past season participants and have a 3rd degree of separation connection to one of the groups this season. So fun!
  3. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

This is the first season we've watched. I think I like it!
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  4. Senior Member
    As a music teacher, I also like to pretend I am a judge and come up with my own response before they do. I always feel like a badass when one of the actual judges says the same thing I would have said. LOL.
  5. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    me!! i LOVED the old guys who sang 1 direction. they were my favorite, even though they weren't really technically sound.
    i'm bummed they dropped princeton right away, i've known a few guys who were in that group and they're always very good.
    there were only a few groups that i really didn't care for though! most of the time i love it all!

annnnd ben folds is my homeboy.
  6. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    This is the first season we've watched. I think I like it!
    This is how I feel

7. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bagelsong View Post
    Me!! I love this show! I was in many a cappella groups in high school and college, so it is super fun for me to watch. I also love all of the judges and how they give intelligent, respectful, and contructive criticism. I went to school with some of the past season participants and have a 3rd degree of separation connection to one of the groups this season. So fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagelsong View Post
    As a music teacher, I also like to pretend I am a judge and come up with my own response before they do. I always feel like a badass when one of the actual judges says the same thing I would have said. LOL.
    I was impressed with Jewel (Jennifer Lawrence's doppleganger, btw, who knew)- didn't know what to expect from her, considering how... erm... "brilliant" Christina's input generally is on The Voice, but Jewel really nailed it in her commentary most of the time. I always critique them while they sing too.

Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    me!! i LOVED the old guys who sang 1 direction. they were my favorite, even though they weren't really technically sound.
    i'm bummed they dropped princeton right away, i've known a few guys who were in that group and they're always very good.
    there were only a few groups that i really didn't care for though! most of the time i love it all!

annnnd ben folds is my homeboy.
    Um YES the old guys were like the sweetest EVER. I love them so much. Don't even care how far they go, I just love them and their style. I thought Princeton was weak in their first performance and then impressive in their battle- it was sad to see them go.

Next week I hope the Puerto Rican group steps it up or ships out.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I dont like Voice play at all. I hope they are the next to go.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I love this show! I only started watching because I <3 Nick Lachey. But I really enjoy it. I have a new found respect for a cappella singers.

Quote Originally Posted by SingWeJoyous View Post
    I was impressed with Jewel (Jennifer Lawrence's doppleganger, btw, who knew)- didn't know what to expect from her, considering how... erm... "brilliant" Christina's input generally is on The Voice, but Jewel really nailed it in her commentary most of the time. I always critique them while they sing too.
    I really like Jewel as a judge. A few years ago, a friend of ours was on Nashville Star. Jewel was a judge on it as John Rich & I forget who else. But I was always impressed with her.
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed