Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone watch sisterwives

1. Senior Member

anyone watch sisterwives

Advertisements
    yesterday?

they were 4 house shopping in Vegas. With EIGHT days til they had to move to Vegas.

I had to roll my eyes at the crier because she commented that "this isn't the america I learned about in school". But I remember growing up learning you couldn't have more than on wife legally and that polygamists were law breakers.

I feel bad they feel picked on but in my opinion they did it to themselves.
  2. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    I totally 100% agree with you. I laughed when she said that too. Also when one of the kids said "We're not hurting anybody, this isn't illegal!" Umm...yeah it is...
  3. NYC Baby
    NYC Baby
    I like the show and as long as he's not legally married to more than Meri, I ave no problem with it. I see it as not much different than a man with babies by 4 women, at least he cares for and isinvolved in his children's lives.

Just because how they live is different and unconventional doesn't automatically make it wrong.
  4. Senior Member
    If he didn't claim them all as his wives and they didn't insist on what they were doing is wrong than it would be no biggie.

But the fact they proclaim to be married and that IS wrong is what bothers me.
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by augusta View Post
    I totally 100% agree with you. I laughed when she said that too. Also when one of the kids said "We're not hurting anybody, this isn't illegal!" Umm...yeah it is...
    Umm actually what THEY are doing is not illegal. He is only LEGALLY married to Meri (the first wife) all the others he is just cohabiting with (basically having an affair with his housemates). They are only married in the eyes of the church, not the law.

I do agree that this is the life they have chosen and technically because there is no legal marriage, the other 3 CAN step away at anytime. THEY are the ones choosing this life. JMO

6. NYC Baby
    NYC Baby
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    If he didn't claim them all as his wives and they didn't insist on what they were doing is wrong than it would be no biggie.

But the fact they proclaim to be married and that IS wrong is what bothers me.
    But they've always said the other wives are like spiritual marriages, not legal government marriages.
  7. Senior Member
    well whatever they call it phrase it work it, is illegal in Utah because otherwise the law would not have gotten involved.
  8. NYC Baby
    NYC Baby
    well whatever they call it phrase it work it, is illegal in Utah because otherwise the law would not have gotten involved.
    And I don't agree with that law (I'm guessing it's something about cohabitation and such). They are grown adults in a consenting relationship, behind closed doors. I don't think it's the governments job to legislate what they do in the bedroom.
  9. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    Umm actually what THEY are doing is not illegal. He is only LEGALLY married to Meri (the first wife) all the others he is just cohabiting with (basically having an affair with his housemates). They are only married in the eyes of the church, not the law.

I do agree that this is the life they have chosen and technically because there is no legal marriage, the other 3 CAN step away at anytime. THEY are the ones choosing this life. JMO
    Yes, you're right about that. But polygamy IS illegal in Utah. As in the lifestyle. And the dude (forgot his name) could be facing serious jailtime.

10. Senior Member
    i dont get what the issue is with them anyways.. like others said, they aren't married by law, they aren't looking for any special treatments, they're living the life that they believe they should be. so why should it bother anyone else? do i agree with it? no. but it doesn't affect me. i would never be in a polygamist relationship. but if they choose it, that is THEIR life. i do like the show though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast