Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Game of Thrones - HBO show

  1. Senior Member
    BiggyBiggs's Avatar
    BiggyBiggs is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    13,255
    #1

    Game of Thrones - HBO show

    Advertisements
    Anyone else watch Game of Thrones on HBO? I am not watching the new one tonight so no spoilers, but man, I love this show!!!
  2. Senior Member
    Hisbabydoll's Avatar
    Hisbabydoll is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Browns mills NJ
    Posts
    2,169
    Blog Entries
    1
    #2
    DH and I love that show. DH has read the books it is based on. I cant wait til Next weeks episode
    Live life to the fullest today. You may not get tomorrow!
  3. Senior Member
    BiggyBiggs's Avatar
    BiggyBiggs is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    13,255
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisbabydoll View Post
    DH and I love that show. DH has read the books it is based on. I cant wait til Next weeks episode
    My DH is reading the books now, he keeps saying "I need to read faster so I can read it before it happens in the show!"
  4. That's no moon
    reese99's Avatar
    reese99 is offline
    That's no moon
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    515
    #4
    The books are awesome (brutal, but good), and book #5 is *finally* finished and coming out in July (after like 5 years since the last one).

    I'm enjoying the series so far.
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Tojai's Avatar
    Tojai is offline
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Pete FL
    Posts
    30,026


    #5
    Love the books and love the show.
  6. Senior Member
    Hisbabydoll's Avatar
    Hisbabydoll is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Browns mills NJ
    Posts
    2,169
    Blog Entries
    1
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggyBiggs View Post
    My DH is reading the books now, he keeps saying "I need to read faster so I can read it before it happens in the show!"
    I am gonna start reading the books today. DH says they are leaving ALOT of stuff out of the show.

    Quote Originally Posted by reese99 View Post
    The books are awesome (brutal, but good), and book #5 is *finally* finished and coming out in July (after like 5 years since the last one).

    I'm enjoying the series so far.
    I know DH is like a child waiting for Christmas waiting for this book to come out. Every time we would go to the Book store he asks about the book. He is so excited
    I cant wait to read the books so I know the whole story, I read pretty fast Maybe I can have all 4 books read before July and Dh and I can read book 5 together
    Live life to the fullest today. You may not get tomorrow!
  7. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Tojai's Avatar
    Tojai is offline
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Pete FL
    Posts
    30,026


    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisbabydoll View Post
    I am gonna start reading the books today. DH says they are leaving ALOT of stuff out of the show.
    They are leaving a lot out, the books are extremely wordy and detailed so I think it would be impossible to include everything.

    Actually I kind of like how they streamlined the plot for TV because sometimes the books just get bogged down in all the politics and intrigue. It's refreshing to see the story told at a different pace.

    That being said I would recommend them to anyone just know what you're getting yourself into.
  8. eres el amor de mi vida <33
    izzy's Avatar
    izzy is offline
    eres el amor de mi vida <33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Polk, LA
    Posts
    4,839
    #8
    The book is REALLY long they definitely had to leave out a good bit of stuff. They have pulled a lot of dialog from the books though which is awesome.

    Overall though I think they are doing a great job adapting it from the book with how massive it is.
    I am loving the show though! Jon Snow is soo hot in the show.
  9. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Tojai's Avatar
    Tojai is offline
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Pete FL
    Posts
    30,026


    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by izzy View Post
    The book is REALLY long they definitely had to leave out a good bit of stuff. They have pulled a lot of dialog from the books though which is awesome.

    Overall though I think they are doing a great job adapting it from the book with how massive it is.
    I am loving the show though! Jon Snow is soo hot in the show.
    I love the casting with Jon Snow. And with Tyrion I think they cast him perfectly. I'm super impressed with that actor.

    I really love how they're still including the dynamic between Jon Snow and Catelyn Stark too. That scene in the first episode with him putting the arrows away was amazing. So much conveyed in just a glance.
  10. That's no moon
    reese99's Avatar
    reese99 is offline
    That's no moon
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    515
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    That scene in the first episode with him putting the arrows away was amazing. So much conveyed in just a glance.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •