Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Old Britney vs New Britney

1. Senior Member

Old Britney vs New Britney

Advertisements
    There's a video comparing Britney's old dancing to her new dancing. It's kind of sad to see how much she's changed in so little time.

Old Britney vs. New Britney: The Dance Off! - Popdust
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  2. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    i don't think it's sad. she's had two babies and she's been performing for like 15 years. i think she looks great.

3. Senior Member
    It just looks like she doesn't have an energy and doesn't seem to be having fun.

She's only 29.
  4. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    i don't think it's sad. she's had two babies and she's been performing for like 15 years. i think she looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by KickDrumHeart View Post
    It just looks like she doesn't have an energy and doesn't seem to be having fun.

She's only 29.

Would you have energy after getting up early, getting the kids ready for school, and being a mom? PLUS going to the studio and everything else she does.

After everything she's been through, she's not gonna recover over night. Yes, I realize that it was years ago, but she's not gonna be that same teenager that was able to do everything.

And honestly, I don't see why she should dancing "hard" or whatever during slow parts of the songs...it makes no sense to me.

/off Britney soapbox.

ETA:

She even said in her special that dancing in heels for HOURS is hard. She's not a spring chicken anymore. Hell, *I* can't dance for hours in heels at a club. Imagine how hard it is for her after having babies, being older, etc.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Maria. View Post

Would you have energy after getting up early, getting the kids ready for school, and being a mom? PLUS going to the studio and everything else she does.

After everything she's been through, she's not gonna recover over night. Yes, I realize that it was years ago, but she's not gonna be that same teenager that was able to do everything.

And honestly, I don't see why she should dancing "hard" or whatever during slow parts of the songs...it makes no sense to me.

/off Britney soapbox.

No, I totally understand why she doesn't have the energy. I'm just saying it's sad. I miss the old Britney.
  6. Regular Member
    I really wasn't impressed with her "Would you Hold It Against Me" video, but I watched her "till the world ends video" and I love it!!!!
  7. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    Shit, I'm 19 and I couldn't do the kind of dancing she did when she was "in"... I don't think many people realize just HOW extensive her dance training schedule had to have been when she was 16-20 and at the top of her career. At 29, 2 kids, and I'm SURE a very self-conscious Britney due to the tabloids, etc.... I probably wouldn't even be able to do all that she does.
  8. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Yeah I don't really find it sad - I mean I love the old Britney and her dancing was definitely different.

But it's so hard on your body. She's had several injuries relating to dancing, plus she has a family now so she may not have the time to invest like she did before. It's not so much sad as just different I guess.

And she may be only 29 but she's been doing this since she was a teenager. That's a long time.
  9. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

Quote Originally Posted by KickDrumHeart View Post
    No, I totally understand why she doesn't have the energy. I'm just saying it's sad. I miss the old Britney.

How is it sad though?

She's not young anymore. Her body has been through a lot...both mentally and physically.

She will never be the same. As coming from a HUGE Britney fan, I don't find it sad at all. She still dances, just because she doesn't do EVERYTHING she used to do, doesn't mean it's not Britney anymore.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Maria. View Post
    How is it sad though?

She's not young anymore. Her body has been through a lot...both mentally and physically.

She will never be the same. As coming from a HUGE Britney fan, I don't find it sad at all. She still dances, just because she doesn't do EVERYTHING she used to do, doesn't mean it's not Britney anymore.
    29 is young. Madonna can still dance like she used to. I agree that Britney has gone through a lot- and that has made her the way she is today. That's what's sad to me; the mental and emotional stuff. I think if she didn't go through that, she would be closer to the old Britney.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast