Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Hawk Down

1. Just liviing our love song <3
    Just liviing our love song <3

Black Hawk Down

Advertisements
    DB wouldn't rent it with me even though he said it was one of the best movies ever. Apparently...it would've made me cry. I like crying sometimes, so I'll probably rent it myself while he's gone. We watched the Blues Brothers instead.

Has anyone seen said movie?
    "It is Jesus that you seek when you dream of happiness. He is waiting for you when nothing else satisfies you. He is the beauty to which you are so attracted. It is He who urges you to shed the masks of a false life...It is Jesus who stirs in you the desire to do something great with your lives." -JPII
  2. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    I love it, and it doesn't make me cry. I also like Tears of the Sun and Saving Private Ryan and A Few Good Men and a bunch of other awesome military movies.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. Regular Member
    I've watched parts of it and started reading the book but then went off to college and we all know where that story goes! But from what I've watched, it was pretty good; I've yet to watch the whole thing =)

I love military movies - especially the newer ones. Jarhead and The Hurt Locker are pretty good too.
  4. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
    I haven't seen it yet, but I have the book.

I can't watch some military movies because it's too close to some things DB has been through and it gets me emotional about struggles he is still having. But I LOVE military movies.

I've heard it's a great movie.... so if you wanna watch it go for it just have tissues handy
  5. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...
    Its a great movie. LOTS of action, not one you can really just casually watch.

Having said that, I cried like a baby in parts--- but I cry at some commercials (Pregnant and not pregnant) so you have to take that into consideration!
  6. The LDR that never ends..
    The LDR that never ends..
    Quote Originally Posted by heyjulie View Post
    I've watched parts of it and started reading the book but then went off to college and we all know where that story goes! But from what I've watched, it was pretty good; I've yet to watch the whole thing =)

I love military movies - especially the newer ones. Jarhead and The Hurt Locker are pretty good too.
    Those are my FAVORITE military movies.. & no it has nothing to do with my Jake Gyllenhol obession
    I cannot watch Saving Private Ryan (I cant do gore movies in general let alone throw in the military factor)

I watched Brothers when DB was deployed and was a paranoid nervous wreck for weeks. I had nightmares from it.. I cant watch it again

Ive seen Black Hawk Down, I didnt cry I thought it was a good movie. & wasnt jake in it too? double win.
  7. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    Yeah, that's a pretty good movie. Seen it many times. Never cried. Can't even think of any part where would make anybody cry. Do you normally cry with war movies? Maybe that's why your b/f said that.

My faves are Glory, Schindler's List, We Were Soldiers, Band of Brothers, Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence, Miracle at St Anna and the TV series Tour of Duty. Not really considers "war" movies, but loved Courage Under Fire and Shining Through.
  8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyGirlfriend-x View Post
    Those are my FAVORITE military movies.. & no it has nothing to do with my Jake Gyllenhol obession
    Aww!! Jake Gyllenhaal is HOT! Haha I love Jarhead because my boyfriend is a Jarhead...hahahah. I have NO idea what I'm going to watch when he deploys, his first deployment will be this August!

I saw the beginning of Saving Private Ryan, it was too much. haha I MUST finish Black Hawk Down though!!

I watched Brothers while my DB was at boot camp, it didn't affect me - but I'm sure when he deploys I won't be able to watch it
  9. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    I that movie!
    Signature removed due to size.
  10. Senior Member
    It is pretty good.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast