Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nip/tuck is canceled

1. Senior Member

Shock nip/tuck is canceled

Advertisements
    http://tvseriesfinale.com/articles/n...t-ending-soon/

At today’s Television Critics Association presentation in Beverly Hills, FX’s president surprised many by announcing that the popular Nip/Tuck series had been cancelled. On the positive side, there are still quite a few new episodes on the way.

Nip/Tuck premiered back on July 22, 2003 and tells the story of two plastic surgeons, Sean McNamara (Dylan Walsh) and Christian Troy (Julian McMahon). The series mixes drama with satire and irreverent humor as the doctors take on often strange cases. Nip/Tuck was initially set in Miami, Florida but the characters moved to Los Angeles at the start of the current season, the show’s fifth. The series was recently praised by the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) for its ongoing use of homosexual characters.

Today, FX president/GM John Landgraf told reporters that the network had ordered 19 episodes for the drama’s sixth, and final, season. That order’s a few less than a traditional TV season but it will bring the series’ installment total to 100 episodes. Series creator Ryan Murphy will stay on board until the end as the showrunner.

When asked about the cancellation, Landgraf noted that he felt it was time and doubted that any FX show would surpass 100 episodes. He said, “If you tried to do 150 episodes of The Sopranos, you would begin to diminish the quality of those shows. The David Chases (The Sopranos) and Shawn Ryans (The Shield), they’re taking on social commentary and grand sweeping questions. If we want to go after that brass ring, we have to accept they have limited shelf life.”

Though the move may be a disappointment to devoted fans of the plastic surgeon series, casual fans won’t realize the show has been axed for some time. There are actually 27 new episodes yet to come. Only 14 episodes of the fifth season have aired thus far with the remaining eight scheduled to begin airing in January. The sixth season is expected to begin running in 2010 and not finish airing until early 2011. Stay tuned!
  2. Senior Member
    I saw it earlier on Perez. I'm so sad, it's one of the few scripted shows I watch
  3. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    DF is not going to like this

be cool.
  5. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    I just emailed him:

Subject: Brace yourself before you open this...

body:
    Nip/Tuck is canceled :o I almost want to send you a RIP Nip/Tuck carepackage... But I'm too poor lol.
    I love you, hopefully this email isn't goign to drive you into a deep dark depression lol.
    Love you.

Let's see how many "o's" there are in his Nooooooooooooooooo reply in a day or two.

be cool.
  6. Senior Member
    *sniffle*

That makes me sad. I this show.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i love nip/tuck
  8. Sesa Wo Suban
    Sesa Wo Suban
    Nip/Tuck is a good show. Can't say I'm an avid watcher but I do enjoy it.
  9. ~M*A*R*I*E~
    ~M*A*R*I*E~
    Oh I love that show!!! I had heard about this earlier this year...so i'm excited to see the series finale season. At least they are going to give us closer by ending the series right and not just CANCELLING it today and it's all over with! that would have made me so mad. It's like all the good shows got cancelled last year too...
    NO MORE TICKER! THE LOVE OF MY LIFE IS HOME FOR GOOD
  10. His Buttafli
    His Buttafli
    Damn, damn, damn! I love this show...Christian is so fine! Thank goodness for boxed sets.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast