Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: If you have read Wicked, AND have seen the musical

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

If you have read Wicked, AND have seen the musical

Advertisements
    HELP!!

I've read the book, and I was screaming from the insides the entire time. I had a massive love/hate relationship with it. The musical is coming to town and I'm interested, but if it's just like the book I don't know if I can sit through it.

So.

If you have BOTH read the book AND seen the musical: can you please tell me how they differ? How they are similar?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    The storyline of the musical is more focused on the friendship between Glinda and Elphaba than on a lot of the complex, detailed politics of the book. I greatly enjoyed the musical. The ending was completely different.

To be honest, all of those books pissed me off, with the exception of "Son of a Witch." I loved that one.
  3. Senior Member
    good to know im going to see it next month

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I had a really rough time reading the book Wicked because it was so emotionally wrenching in SO many ways. Of course, when I read it, I was on the plane home from my hubs' BMT grad, and I was 19 days from having my bebe without him... soooo I may have been overly emotional. I just don't want to go blubber through a musical and love and hate and love and hate and hate it some more. I have heard a lot of the music from it though and really enjoyed it, so I'm leaning towards going.
  5. Senior Member
    i dont really remember the book since it bored me half to death, but it's nothing like the musical. I LOVED the musical.

and sorry, im no help lol.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyJay View Post
    HELP!!

I've read the book, and I was screaming from the insides the entire time. I had a massive love/hate relationship with it. The musical is coming to town and I'm interested, but if it's just like the book I don't know if I can sit through it.

So.

If you have BOTH read the book AND seen the musical: can you please tell me how they differ? How they are similar?
    Coming to town???? San fran? When? Where? lol

I've seen the musical in Chicago and I read the book. I HAAAAATED the book, but loved the musical. Lets just say they upped the family friendlyness value in the musical by about ten million.

The book was just a bit too much for me at times, and content that added no real value to the plot in my opinion...like people being sodomized by tigers...not really necessary...also not in the musical at all lol
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    The Orpheum, it opened earlier this month and runs through September.
  8. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Don't know about the book but the show was great!
  9. Senior Member
    I too thought the musical was a lot more enjoyable than the book. The musical was really really good. I loved it and hope I get the opportunity to see it again.
    Mommy to a little princess!