Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Do you agree with this movie?

1. Senior Member

Do you agree with this movie?

Advertisements
    I'm watching The Wedding Date...The various men in the movie keep referencing an article that says that, "All women have the love lives they want..." They are all agreeing with this.

First, what do you think they mean by that?

Second, Do you agree? Why? or Why not?
  2. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

I agree in the sense that if you didn't want it you would leave. I also disagree because it takes two and most women won't just leave someone they love if things aren't perfect.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    By that I think he means that by staying with the person or persons they are agreeing to that love life. If you don't want it, then leave. So yeah I do agree with it be/c if you didn't want it, only you have the power to change it.

And i agree with his sexy ass....
  4. Senior Member
    you.

ive watched the movie

and it is a romantic comedy, written and produced mostly for women and they're patronage.

the line in question in my opinion means that we (women) ALL choose the love life we
    want
    that could mean both positively & negatively.

to me, it means that the love life (or in some cases, the lack there of) I have now is done solely by my choosing.

the basis of the that line is choice. I.e. I choose to be with him, I choose to be single, I choose to be happy, to be miserable etc

And I do agree with that line 100%.

If I am not able to make decisions regarding my love life then I am not worthy of one.
    This may seem harsh BUT it is the truth to me.
    In all instances of a relationship (love life/ 1 night stand/ commitment/ marriage) it takes for 2 parties to be in agreement either to agree or not to. Hence, I choose what my life (love) will be.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boog's one View Post
    you.

ive watched the movie

and it is a romantic comedy, written and produced mostly for women and they're patronage.

the line in question in my opinion means that we (women) ALL choose the love life we
    want
    that could mean both positively & negatively.

to me, it means that the love life (or in some cases, the lack there of) I have now is done solely by my choosing.

the basis of the that line is choice. I.e. I choose to be with him, I choose to be single, I choose to be happy, to be miserable etc

And I do agree with that line 100%.

If I am not able to make decisions regarding my love life then I am not worthy of one.
    This may seem harsh BUT it is the truth to me.
    In all instances of a relationship (love life/ 1 night stand/ commitment/ marriage) it takes for 2 parties to be in agreement either to agree or not to. Hence, I choose what my life (love) will be.
    Hi there.

I guess I just wasn't looking at it that way...I don't think you choose who you fall in love with...KWIM? So in that sense, no? But I guess if they make you unhappy you have the ability to change it, so yes...See why I was all le...I read a LOT more into stuff sometimes than there probably is...ESP at 2 AM when I'm just trying to waste days away LOL
  6. Senior Member
    there are always 2 (or more ) school's of thought

I believe in self choice

while others believe in fate

so yes I know what you mean dear and thats cool too
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boog's one View Post
    there are always 2 (or more ) school's of thought

I believe in self choice

while others believe in fate

so yes I know what you mean dear and thats cool too
    I don't know...I don't really mean fate...Just you get to know someone and before you know it there you are... You know? It sorta just hits you. You don't make a CONSCIOUS choice like "Ok...I'm going to fall in love now...Here we go..." I guess... The getting out if you need to is another matter entirely and that is complicated too.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneIllWife View Post
    Hi there.

I guess I just wasn't looking at it that way...I don't think you choose who you fall in love with...KWIM? So in that sense, no? But I guess if they make you unhappy you have the ability to change it, so yes...See why I was all le...I read a LOT more into stuff sometimes than there probably is...ESP at 2 AM when I'm just trying to waste days away LOL
    You don't choose who you fall in love with, but you do chose who you are in a relationship with. Honestly, if you think you are in love with someone that treats you poorly or makes you unhappy more often than not, you're probably not actually in love with them. You're probably just insecure and/or codependent, but that's a whole other thread.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think it's sorta true... (yeah I know, I always take the middle ground...)

Yes, you can choose who you are in a relationship with, you and only you control your actions. But you can't control your SO's actions. So if you SO's actions include cheating/leaving suddenly... Pretty sure that's not the love life you wanted, nor had the ability to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by OneIllWife View Post
    I don't know...I don't really mean fate...Just you get to know someone and before you know it there you are... You know? It sorta just hits you. You don't make a CONSCIOUS choice like "Ok...I'm going to fall in love now...Here we go..." I guess... The getting out if you need to is another matter entirely and that is complicated too.
    I totally believe that love can and does happen that way and can be successful.