Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PROJECT RUNWAY ..AUG 20TH!

1. Always n Forever
    Always n Forever

Jump for Joy PROJECT RUNWAY ..AUG 20TH!

Advertisements
    LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Just months ago, the future of "Project Runway" was in doubt - but now, show mentor Tim Gunn says the fashion competition is back and better than ever.

"After five seasons, the show needed a booster shot," Tim told the June 5 issue of Entertainment Weekly.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Heidi Klum: From Supermodel To Super Mom

The show has moved from Bravo to Lifetime, after NBC Universal, which owns Bravo, the Weinstein Company and Lifetime settled a legal dispute over the rights to the show in April. The sixth season will debut on August 20.

The channel change wasn't the only move - it's also changed locations from New York to LA, a change that Tim said fits the show well. Future seasons will rotate between the two cities.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: 'Project Runway'

"Los Angeles is indisputably the home of the red carpet," he said. "It's the home of film and television costume, and it has a celebrity dimension that New York doesn't have. Watching the first elimination this season, I thought, Wow, we should be here."

And Hollywood glamour will play a role on the show, with judge and designer Michael Kors adding that LA style will affect "Runway's" contestants' designs.

"LA can be the most laid-back and the most glamorous," Michael said, adding that challenges would include fashion for the red carpet and the beach. "It's the land of bikinis and gowns."

VIEW THE PHOTOS: 'Project Runway' Season 5

The Southern California location also lent itself to the presence of Hollywood celebs, including Christina Aguilera, Eva Longoria Parker, and Lindsay Lohan, who will serve as guest judges throughout the season.

And Tim added that fans should expect the unexpected with the new season - and in the show's future.

"We have a challenge, the outcome of which will have the blogs going crazy!" Tim said. "I'm surprised I didn't need CPR when it all came down the runway, because I'm still in such a state of shock about it."

He added that future seasons would be more comfortable "pushing the envelope."

Still, one thing hasn't changed - the familiar set.

"I was shocked," host Heidi Klum told the mag. "It was deja vu. I was looking forward to different scenery, and everything was the same!"
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I'm glad it will be the same for this season. I was hella pissed about the change. the next season can change.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    i am just sooooooo exited it is on lifetime since we actually HAVE that channel!! this is one of my all time favorite shows!!!
  4. Senior Member
    Bout time! I wish Bravo still had it tho
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain. View Post
    they have the knock off 'Fashion show' which is crazy weird and the designers on that are really several cannot sew... like at all. its like uhh what??

I will miss you SOS...

6. Senior Member
    The fashion show is SUCH a mess. How the hell do you go on a design show and can't sew?! thats like me trying to go on Top Chef knowing my ass can't cook more than hamburger helper

And I hate the whole team thing EVERY challenge. Let these ppl do their own solo stuff and not have a team to bring them down

Reco is my favorite so I watch for him.
  7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    The fashion show is SUCH a mess. How the hell do you go on a design show and can't sew?! thats like me trying to go on Top Chef knowing my ass can't cook more than hamburger helper

And I hate the whole team thing EVERY challenge. Let these ppl do their own solo stuff and not have a team to bring them down

Reco is my favorite so I watch for him.
    freakin for serious!!! i love how they refer to that one team as team little people.
    its like a train wreck I can't help but watch it.

I liked last weeks where they were doing the repair challenge and she says team little people can just climb in there and sew from the inside out and then climb out. laughed my ass off.

I will miss you SOS...

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    nooooo then i wouldn't get to see it!! although life would be alot easier if i could just have bravo over here lol
  9. Banned
    Banned
    YAY
  10. Always n Forever
    Always n Forever
    i HATE the "fashion Show" WTF is up with the guy that looks like a freaking peacock every show? It's a freaking TRAIN WRECK! Impossible to to stop but FASCINATING to watch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast