Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Knowing discussion...Movie w/ Nicholas Cage *Spoilers*

  1. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #1

    Knowing discussion...Movie w/ Nicholas Cage *Spoilers*

    Advertisements
    [To those who have seen the movie
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Did you feel like M. Night Shyamalan had something to do with this movie?!? LMAO!!!!

    The movie scared me!!! When we got home, I actually had a nightmare that Ethan wasn't in the house when we woke up in the morning. ]
  2. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    *IGrow'EmXL*'s Avatar
    *IGrow'EmXL* is offline
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    36,179
    #2
    Idk. I'm on the fence about this movie. It def. had me on the edge of my seat most of the movie, and had awesome special effects. But I thought the ending SUCKED, and it kinda just ruined the entire movie for me. I didn't quite like the whole alien aspect of it


  3. Account Closed
    Rach's Avatar
    Rach is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,957
    #3
    I had nightmares too!!!

    I just couldn't stop thinking about what if the end of the world is something like that!?

    It seems like it had a Bible theme to it, but the thing that confused me was that 1. the pastor died so if it was the rapture, why wasn't he taken and 2. the things floating in the sky when the 2 kids are running to the tree and 3. is that the Tree of Life and are they supposed to be like Adam and Eve, starting over in the new Earth?

    I read on wiki that that's how it is... that the 2 kids are like Adam and Eve running towards the Tree and and were put there to start over. The other things in the sky were to have had other people on there...but where were they and again, why wasn't the Pastor dad taken since he was a believer?

    I mean, were they supposed to be aliens or not? That was supposed to be like Ezekiel's wheel, I guess, when it came down from the sky and took the kids up. The "aliens" had wings, though, as they were going up...So, where they aliens or not?

    THose are questions we had after watching it!
  4. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by A*Singing*Wife View Post
    Idk. I'm on the fence about this movie. It def. had me on the edge of my seat most of the movie, and had awesome special effects. But I thought the ending SUCKED, and it kinda just ruined the entire movie for me. I didn't quite like the whole alien aspect of it

    Yeah!

    I think it was a mix between Mercury Rising, Armageddon and Island of the Blue Lagoon.
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rach View Post
    I had nightmares too!!!

    I just couldn't stop thinking about what if the end of the world is something like that!?

    It seems like it had a Bible theme to it, but the thing that confused me was that 1. the pastor died so if it was the rapture, why wasn't he taken and 2. the things floating in the sky when the 2 kids are running to the tree and 3. is that the Tree of Life and are they supposed to be like Adam and Eve, starting over in the new Earth?

    I read on wiki that that's how it is... that the 2 kids are like Adam and Eve running towards the Tree and and were put there to start over. The other things in the sky were to have had other people on there...but where were they and again, why wasn't the Pastor dad taken since he was a believer?

    I mean, were they supposed to be aliens or not? That was supposed to be like Ezekiel's wheel, I guess, when it came down from the sky and took the kids up. The "aliens" had wings, though, as they were going up...So, where they aliens or not?

    THose are questions we had after watching it!

    As many spaceships as there were, they could've saved more! I was pissed when I saw that scene!

    Great points though! It does seem like an A&E twist! I wonder if there'll be a sequel to the movie?!
  6. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    *IGrow'EmXL*'s Avatar
    *IGrow'EmXL* is offline
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    36,179
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post

    Yeah!

    I think it was a mix between Mercury Rising, Armageddon and Island of the Blue Lagoon.
    yeah. Idk I think they took too many different ideas and tried to put it into that movie. They shoulda make it about god OR aliens, it was kinda confusing.


  7. Account Closed
    Rach's Avatar
    Rach is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,957
    #7
    Yeah, I think they took a few different ideas too and put them together.



    I wish they would of did only ONE idea, also, like you said.
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by A*Singing*Wife View Post
    yeah. Idk I think they took too many different ideas and tried to put it into that movie. They shoulda make it about god OR aliens, it was kinda confusing.
    YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •