Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Knowing discussion...Movie w/ Nicholas Cage *Spoilers*

1. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!

Knowing discussion...Movie w/ Nicholas Cage *Spoilers*

Advertisements
    [To those who have seen the movie
    Did you feel like M. Night Shyamalan had something to do with this movie?!? LMAO!!!!

The movie scared me!!! When we got home, I actually had a nightmare that Ethan wasn't in the house when we woke up in the morning. ]
  2. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Idk. I'm on the fence about this movie. It def. had me on the edge of my seat most of the movie, and had awesome special effects. But I thought the ending SUCKED, and it kinda just ruined the entire movie for me. I didn't quite like the whole alien aspect of it

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I had nightmares too!!!

I just couldn't stop thinking about what if the end of the world is something like that!?

It seems like it had a Bible theme to it, but the thing that confused me was that 1. the pastor died so if it was the rapture, why wasn't he taken and 2. the things floating in the sky when the 2 kids are running to the tree and 3. is that the Tree of Life and are they supposed to be like Adam and Eve, starting over in the new Earth?

I read on wiki that that's how it is... that the 2 kids are like Adam and Eve running towards the Tree and and were put there to start over. The other things in the sky were to have had other people on there...but where were they and again, why wasn't the Pastor dad taken since he was a believer?

I mean, were they supposed to be aliens or not? That was supposed to be like Ezekiel's wheel, I guess, when it came down from the sky and took the kids up. The "aliens" had wings, though, as they were going up...So, where they aliens or not?

THose are questions we had after watching it!
  4. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by A*Singing*Wife View Post
    Idk. I'm on the fence about this movie. It def. had me on the edge of my seat most of the movie, and had awesome special effects. But I thought the ending SUCKED, and it kinda just ruined the entire movie for me. I didn't quite like the whole alien aspect of it

Yeah!

I think it was a mix between Mercury Rising, Armageddon and Island of the Blue Lagoon.
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rach View Post
    I had nightmares too!!!

I just couldn't stop thinking about what if the end of the world is something like that!?

It seems like it had a Bible theme to it, but the thing that confused me was that 1. the pastor died so if it was the rapture, why wasn't he taken and 2. the things floating in the sky when the 2 kids are running to the tree and 3. is that the Tree of Life and are they supposed to be like Adam and Eve, starting over in the new Earth?

I read on wiki that that's how it is... that the 2 kids are like Adam and Eve running towards the Tree and and were put there to start over. The other things in the sky were to have had other people on there...but where were they and again, why wasn't the Pastor dad taken since he was a believer?

I mean, were they supposed to be aliens or not? That was supposed to be like Ezekiel's wheel, I guess, when it came down from the sky and took the kids up. The "aliens" had wings, though, as they were going up...So, where they aliens or not?

THose are questions we had after watching it!

As many spaceships as there were, they could've saved more! I was pissed when I saw that scene!

Great points though! It does seem like an A&E twist! I wonder if there'll be a sequel to the movie?!
  6. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post

Yeah!

I think it was a mix between Mercury Rising, Armageddon and Island of the Blue Lagoon.
    yeah. Idk I think they took too many different ideas and tried to put it into that movie. They shoulda make it about god OR aliens, it was kinda confusing.

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yeah, I think they took a few different ideas too and put them together.

I wish they would of did only ONE idea, also, like you said.
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by A*Singing*Wife View Post
    yeah. Idk I think they took too many different ideas and tried to put it into that movie. They shoulda make it about god OR aliens, it was kinda confusing.
    YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!