Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tapout founder killed in car crash

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Tapout founder killed in car crash

Advertisements
    Charles Lewis Jr., better known to MMA fans as “Mask,” was killed in a hit-and-run accident early Wednesday morning in Newport Beach, Calif.

Lewis was the founder of Tapout Clothing, Inc., and the face of its popular reality show on cable channel Versus. Several sources within the company confirmed his passing.

At 12:57 a.m., a Newport Beach Police cruiser spotted Lewis’ red Ferrari and a white Porsche driving out of control on the southbound side of Jamboree Road, according to Lt. Jim Amormino, a public information officer with the Orange County Sheriff’s Dept.

The Ferrari then struck the curb and hit a street light, tearing the car in half. After coming to a brief stop, the Porsche fled the scene.

An unnamed female passenger was ejected from Lewis’ car in the crash. Newport Beach paramedics pronounced Lewis dead at the scene.

Newport Beach officers later spotted the Porsche and stopped its passengers, a male and female, who were seen walking away from the vehicle.

Upon further investigation officers determined that the male, Jeffrey David Kirby, a 51-year-old resident of Costa Mesa, Calif., was the driver of the vehicle.

Kirby was arrested for gross vehicular manslaughter and taken to the Newport Beach Police Department. The female passenger, Lynn Marie Nabozny, a 32-year-old resident of Newport Beach, was arrested for public intoxication and released Wednesday morning.

Kirby’s bail is set at $1 million. The results of a blood alcohol test administered at the jail are forthcoming. No further motive for the accident is known at this time, according to Amormino.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  2. Senior Member
    From what they were saying on the news here, they think it might have been street racing.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Thats what I think too, and it wouldnt surprise me at all.
  4. Senior Member
    I have a friend that is on that show, Skyscraper (Tim). Its a sad day for Tapout.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Lckychrmzz View Post
    I have a friend that is on that show, Skyscraper (Tim). Its a sad day for Tapout.
    Is he really as goofy in person as he is on the show?
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
    Is he really as goofy in person as he is on the show?
    Not like the show. Tim does NOT dress like that normally lol He does like to answer his door without his front tooth in and talk like a redneck. He is a super nice guy, and pretty hot too. I was flipping through channels one day and happened on the show and was like "wait, thats Tim" and called my brother to turn it on. My brother graduated with him and played sports with him and hung out with him in high school.. I hung out with him after high school and lost touch with him when I moved to VA. One of his really good friends is on Overhaulin' too lol