1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Valkyrie!!

Advertisements
    I'm going to see it tonight!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Dammit

I keep seeing these posts and they are never for me.

I am going back to pout now.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Loved it. Even with that short evil guy. Tom Cruise.
    Amazing movie, great cast (other than the above) and all I can say is thank god he does not try to attemp a german accent.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. ~Amy Lynette~ I'm legit, too legit to quit.
    ~Amy Lynette~ I'm legit, too legit to quit.
    Blog Entries
    I want to see it so bad...I'm sorta in love with Eddie Izzard, ha! He's quite good at being both funny and serious...awesome
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by guynavywife View Post
    Loved it. Even with that short evil guy. Tom Cruise.
    Amazing movie, great cast (other than the above) and all I can say is thank god he does not try to attemp a german accent.
    Well a FEW historical inaccuracies, nothing major. But you can't expect everything to be accurate.

They really should have not pointed out that the german high command was dissenting over the treatment of jews and german civilians by the regime, because they were not.

They were dissenting over the course of the war and the way things were planned out/being handled especially after Stalingrad and basically the entire year of 42'.

All in good movie!

Loved that Tom Cruise & his wife were not Aryan but 3 out of the 4 kids were.

I am SO glad he did not have a German accent.

Am I seeing things or did I see the guy who played the German Correspendent from Das Boot in this movie?
  6. Life is good.
    Life is good.
    I can't wait to see it.
  7. Mama of 2 beautiful boys!
    Mama of 2 beautiful boys!
    It's on my list of movies to see!
  8. Banned
    Banned
    I was supposed to go tonight! I will go tomorrow though. Let me know how it is, history twin!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    I was supposed to go tonight! I will go tomorrow though. Let me know how it is, history twin!
    oh see above.

In the opening scene (they're in NORTH AFRICA! WTF?! GREAT PLACE TO START THE FILM I KNOW!)

I would have done something on the eastern front. They did include smolensk in a scene though.

Anyway, yeah it said German High Command (or at least Tom Cruise ) was dissenting over treatment of Jews/German civilians. so I'm sure you'll laugh and know from your research, that it was not so much the case.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillian_Angela View Post
    Well a FEW historical inaccuracies, nothing major. But you can't expect everything to be accurate.

They really should have not pointed out that the german high command was dissenting over the treatment of jews and german civilians by the regime, because they were not.

They were dissenting over the course of the war and the way things were planned out/being handled especially after Stalingrad and basically the entire year of 42'.

All in good movie!

Loved that Tom Cruise & his wife were not Aryan but 3 out of the 4 kids were.

I am SO glad he did not have a German accent.

Am I seeing things or did I see the guy who played the German Correspendent from Das Boot in this movie?
    My wife pointed out the same things!!!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast