Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good reads???

1. caligirlnjapan

Good reads???

Advertisements
    Anyone read any good books lately that they'd recommend? I like almost anything but am just about done with the book I am reading now and need to get a new one - but every time I hit up the book section I just can't seem to find a book that really hits me. I will go crazy if I don't have something to read!
  2. nicole
    If you're looking for something funny, I like Sophie Kinsella's books. Otherwise I like Patricia Cornwell and Linda Fairstein. If you're into quirky/funny books, David Sedaris is a hilarious author who basically just writes about his childhood. He can get a little off-color though.
  3. Senior Member
    I know everyone has been talking about the Da Vinci Code but if you haven't read it already, read it. It's a great book, I couldn't put it down.

4. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    My older sister got me the book Hyperion by Dan Simmons she said it's a really good but and I trust her taste. I havent read it yet because I'm still reading another book but I suggest reading it anywayz.
  5. nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyChiefs_Wife
    I know everyone has been talking about the Da Vinci Code but if you haven't read it already, read it. It's a great book, I couldn't put it down.
    I've read it at least three times. All of Dan Brown's books are great.
  6. Senior Member
    The Count of Monte Cristo is really good.

7. caligirlnjapan
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyChiefs_Wife
    Yeah I read that shortly after it originally came out - I just finished Angels & Demons by Dan Brown too! That was a another good book!
  8. caligirlnjapan
    Thanks all, I am going to go get me & the kids cleaned up and head over to the NEX and will see if they have any of these that you all suggested and check them out.

No I don't get library books - I can never seem to remember to return them - it's easier to just buy them!
  9. Senior Member
    I absolutely love Dean Koontz, very weird but an awesome writer. Odd Thomas is one of my favorites by him. I also really like Janet Evanovich, she's hilarious
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  10. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Barbara Kingsolver - "The Bean Trees" and "Pigs in Heaven" , in that order Great books, both books include the same characters. I really enjoyed reading both of them.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast