Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DaVinci Code

1. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries

DaVinci Code

Advertisements
    I just finished reading the book and am really looking forward to the movie. What do you all think about this book, movie and just the whole idea behind it?
  2. Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Blog Entries
    it's all fiction. people can make something out of nothing if they want. i can see why christians are all in an uproar about it but personally i don't let it bug me because i know what i believe. some work of fiction isn't going to shake that!
  3. luvmysailor2001
    I like my fiction to at least have have the facts correct if they indeed state a fact. I think that's very misleading to many people. Personally I like my setting of the story to be correct. If I'm reading about a love story in Paris I wouldn't want the author to put Buckingham Palace where the Eiffel Tower stands. The "facts" in this book are not facts at all when you check them out. What is disturbing about that is that the author himself has said if he was to write the same book as non-fiction, he would not change any of his "facts". There are indeed alot of people who do not realize this is a fictional book. I've not yet decided if Im going to see the movie. We'll probably wait and rent it when it comes out.
  4. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    Personally I loved the book and didnt take any offence to anything he said. As for the movie I wish they picked a better character to play his part but I still want to watch it. I dont think the movie will be as good as the book because most of the time the book is way better to me.
  5. happygirl0486
    I loved the book and am waiting until my dh gets home to see with him. I have thoughts about the idea behind the book, but I don't want to hurt or make anyone mad by posting them.
  6. Senior Member
    I havent read the book but hubby has, he liked it a lot and is looking forward to the movie coming out.
  7. AheeOo, Killer Tofu!
    AheeOo, Killer Tofu!
    Blog Entries
    i havent read it but i want to
    You don't choose your family...they are God's gift to you
  8. uscgwife05
    I read it. It was a great fictional story lol. Do I believe any of it? Nope I'll probably wait to see the movie when it comes out on DVD

Editing in: Purplekittie I have the book if you'd like to read it. I doubt DH will ever read it and it's just sitting in my bookcase.
    Last edited by uscgwife05; 05-16-2006 at 05:54 PM.
  9. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    I personally do believe a lot of it. Not necessarily facts about certain locations and so on, but about the philosophy behind it. The ideas behind a females rightful place in history and her role as a goddess. I believe like the author made clear, every religion 'makes up' their own truth, the bible along with everything else is written by 'man', it didn't come straight from heaven. I believe that all religions are like opinions, there is noone that is right, and everyone has their own opinion. It goes along with my beliefs is the institution of religion and my opposition to and my beliefs in something other than what 'man' has told me to be true. The book really brought out a lot of thought in me and brought fourth some things in my mind in heart that hadn't been illuminated before. In reality ANY book about religion is fiction, and in MY opinion this includes the bible.
  10. Armylove
    I think its a good book. Its a good read, keeps you wanting more. But as far as truth, I dont really think its fact, or close to it. I know what I believe, and its nothing of what that book says. I cant wait till the movie comes out, hopefully it will be as good as the book.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast