Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Super Nanny

1. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN

Super Nanny

Advertisements
    I am watching this right now, and it doesn't matter how much I see it, I still am shocked!!! Ever watch this show?
    I don't have kids so I can't say too much, but I was one not too long ago... If my brothers & I behaved that way... Well, no we wouldn't even try it, no way! I just wonder how it gets to that point!
    This one is kind of sad though, it's a SAH mom, whose husband is in Afghanistan with the National Guard and she has 3 boys. She has nothing for herself at all and is losing it! And the boys are crazy and spiteful and mean to her. Can't wait to see the ending... hope it's better for her!

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

2. Armylove
    Yea, I dont understand how those kids can act that way.. blows my mind.
  3. Armylove
    But yet again I dont have children, so I dont know what its like to raise them.
  4. Breezy
    Well seeing as how I have 3 I can see how it can get that bad. you look at a child wrong in this day and age and CPS will be knocking on your door!! My kids aren't as bad as the kids on the show but they are worse than I would have EVER thought about being. I can be on the phone with my mom and the kids will say or do something and she will comment usually one of two things: "I would bust his/her mouth" or I would ware his/her ass out" among many other things but those are the usuals. I explain to her you can't raise kids today the way she raisedmy sister and I, they would take them away.
    Don't get me wrong my kids get their tails tore up when they need it, they get things taken away, stand in the corner, right sentences, do extra homework etc.......... the list just keeps on going.
    The schools push kids entirely too hard now and they have no PE time to where they can let off steam or let out some of that bottled up energy etc....
    The kids are also taught in school how to call CPS if anyone including the parents says or does something that the child doesn't like. That to me is unacceptable.
    So I won't judge you guys for your opinions but I will say wait until you have kids it is a WHOLE NEW world from what it was just 5 and 10 years ago let alone 20 years ago.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy
    Well seeing as how I have 3 I can see how it can get that bad. you look at a child wrong in this day and age and CPS will be knocking on your door!! My kids aren't as bad as the kids on the show but they are worse than I would have EVER thought about being. I can be on the phone with my mom and the kids will say or do something and she will comment usually one of to things: "I would bust her mouth" or I would ware her ass out" among many other things but those are the usuals. I explain to her you can't raise kids today the way we were raised, they would take them away. Don't get me wrong my kids get their tails tore up when they need it, they get things taken away, stand in the corner, right sentences, do extra homework etc.......... the list just keeps on going.
    The schools push kids entirely too hard now and they have no PE time to where they can let off steam or let out some of that bottled up energy etc....
    The kids are also taught in school how to call CPS if anyone including the parents says or does something that the child doesn't like. That to me is unacceptable.
    So I won't judge you guys for your opinions but I will say wait until you have kids it is a WHOLE NEW world from what it was just 5 and 10 years ago let alone 20 years ago.
    completely agree.