Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: The Last Mimzy

1. Banned
    Banned

The Last Mimzy

Advertisements
    Has anyone seen it? Was it any good? Would an 11 year old and 6 year old get anything out of it??
    There is a program at our local theater that is sponsored by community businesses which brings a free movie every week to anyone who wants to go. The movie this week is the Mimzy movie. Our other options are to see Alvin and the Chipmunks or the new National Treasure movie but pay. On the upside this is the small/old theater so even if we do the pay movies it will only cost $8.50 TOTAL for the three of us to go.
    I hadn't heard/seen anything about Mimzy to make me overly anxious to see me - if anyone has seen it and thinks we're missing out please say so.........
  2. Punchie
    The Last Mimzy is an odd little movie. I don't really know how to explain it. I guess it depends on the dispositions of your children -- do they like fantasy? It's a movie I'd have to watch again in order to figure out if I like it or not. Have you seen Donnie Darko? This is of a similar vein, but more geared for kids....sort of. There is a scene I can think of that scared me, and it's kind of dark.
  3. Senior Member
    Totally agree. It's definitely like Donnie Darko for kids. I liked it. I watched it with a 3 year old and a 7 year old and that was their millionth time watching it. They loved it.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    We ended up opting for Alvin and the Chipmunks - GREAT movie - I don't think they would have gotten much out of Mimzy. DD, maybe - DS, definitely not.