Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Phils Cancels His Britney Spears Show.

1. Loving My Navy Veteran
    Loving My Navy Veteran

Exclamation Dr. Phil Cancels His Britney Spears Show.

Advertisements
    Don't know if that has been posted yet or not...

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=291351&Gt1=7703

LOS ANGELES -- Television's "Dr. Phil" McGraw has pulled the plug on plans for a one-hour show that was to examine Britney Spears' latest public meltdown.

In a statement posted Monday on his Web site, McGraw said the 26-year-old pop star's situation was "too intense" for him to go forward with the show. He didn't say whether he planned to reschedule.

Spears was hospitalized Thursday night after a child custody dispute with ex-husband Kevin Federline resulted in an hours-long standoff with police. On Friday, a court commissioner gave sole physical and legal custody of 1-year-old Jayden James and 2-year-old Sean Preston to Federline.

McGraw said he met with Spears for an hour Saturday before she left the hospital.
  2. X
    X
    Dr. Phil is an idiot.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I'm glad it was canceled in a way, but then I feel like his clinical experience with things like depression could have enlightened some of the people running around thinking that Britney is perfectly okay and just acting out.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    dr. phil is a nut though i love watching some of his shows--the ones on eating disorders and that sort of thing. one of my psych professors said that when he was practicing in his home state (can't remember where) and stopped to do his show the licensing agency/board in that state was really happy because they knew he wouldn't be their liability anymore.
  5. who will drive my soul?
    who will drive my soul?
    ugh i was so lookin' forward to that!!!
    www.acoan.scentsy.us
    www.andreacoan.blogspot.com
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    she probably decided she didn't want her story broadcast and he couldn't show it without her permission... that would be my guess.
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
  7. Gunslinger's Gal
    Gosh, sorry to hear that Phil can't get a ride on the Brittany bandwagon.

I hear that he was not invited or asked to speak to Brittany at the hospital - just kind of showed up to offer his "expert" advice. I doubt there was a show to cancel, more likely he started running off at the mouth about how he could help her before he managed to get a single member of the family signed up to do his show.

The last thing Brittany needs is for her family to air all of her dirty laundry on that crackpot's show.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    dr. phil is a nut though i love watching some of his shows--the ones on eating disorders and that sort of thing. one of my psych professors said that when he was practicing in his home state (can't remember where) and stopped to do his show the licensing agency/board in that state was really happy because they knew he wouldn't be their liability anymore.
    Wow, that's interesting.

I'm kind of glad he canceled though. He seemed like an ambulance chaser when he was hot on her trail to get that first interview following her (latest) meltdown.

She just needs to get help and get OUT of the public eye, IMOHO.
  9. Senior Member
    he isnt even a medical dr? i think its complete bull shit that he should have any more pull than any of those other media dubbed gurus. its like oprah diagnosing cancer....

not that i really care per say about this celebrity gossip, i just have a personal vendetta against people who pretend to be doctors and lead people to trust them in that way.... when they could actually end up hurting those "patients" because they dont have the proper training.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellybeanqueen View Post
    he isnt even a medical dr? i think its complete bull shit that he should have any more pull than any of those other media dubbed gurus. its like oprah diagnosing cancer....

not that i really care per say about this celebrity gossip, i just have a personal vendetta against people who pretend to be doctors and lead people to trust them in that way.... when they could actually end up hurting those "patients" because they dont have the proper training.
    where did you hear he wasn't a medical doctor? he never claimed he was he is a psychologist not psychiatrist! therefore he didn't have to go to med school. he also was licensed but i forget in which state
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast