Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Honey We're Killing the Kids

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Honey We're Killing the Kids

Advertisements
    Did anyone see this last night? It is a new show on TLC. They show parents what their kids will look like when they are 40 if they keep eating the way they do and not exercising. Then they give the parents a 3 week plan to change what the whole eats and how everyone exercises. After the 3 weeks they show them what their kids will look like if they stay on that path. It was pretty interesting. I was shocked to see how much of a difference there was.
  2. It's YOUR choice
    It's YOUR choice
    I saw the commercials for it. I hope they do some good and change those kids lives
    Freedom and Liberty require Service and Sacrifice
  3. happygirl0486
    I watched it also, it was intersting.
  4. lovinmysoldier
    I also watched it, thought it was very interesting
  5. KevzQueen
    Yep, I saw it too. I thought that maybe they should have given something besides tofu for their first healthy meal. I've never eaten that, so I'd be scared to try it too at first.
  6. Kat
    stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
    stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
    I have only seen the commerical, and it makes me so mad. :mad The mom says, "he will only he sugar and fat" BULLSHIT. He will only eat that because you FEED him that. Dont buy it, he wont eat it. Plain and simple.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat
    I have only seen the commerical, and it makes me so mad. :mad The mom says, "he will only he sugar and fat" BULLSHIT. He will only eat that because you FEED him that. Dont buy it, he wont eat it. Plain and simple.
    I agree. Can't eat it if its not in the house. Breanna would eat only cookies, cake and ice cream if I let her. When we go to the grocery store I let her pick out one thing she can get for the week, she really hates that I count pop tarts as that one item. When we get home it goes in the cookie jar on top of the frig where she can't reach it.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KevzQueen
    Yep, I saw it too. I thought that maybe they should have given something besides tofu for their first healthy meal. I've never eaten that, so I'd be scared to try it too at first.
    I was thinking that, too. It has to be a huge shock to their system so start them out with something other than that.