Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: a good role model....

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

a good role model....

Advertisements
    at work today we were talking about how jaime lynn spears is preggo...and how kids that watch that show are gonna react and what parents should say or if they should say anything at all...we also talked about how there aren't really any good young role models (we think) on t.v. today for younger girls....
    one that i think is a good role model is Raven...but it was so hard to come up with many others....who do you think are good role models...?

Everyday you spend worrying about tomorrow...you miss living for today...
  2. X
    X
    I don't think actors/actress are role models at all. I mean what exactly did they accomplish besides being on TV or being in a movie?
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph* View Post
    I don't think actors/actress are role models at all. I mean what exactly did they accomplish besides being on TV or being in a movie?
    I agree. My kids are taught not to look up to entertainers/celebrities as role models. They look up to certain teachers and other people in thier lives that set a good example and make good choices. I can't remember what athlete said it, but they said something like, "I don't consider myself a role model, just a human being and as such, I have human failings just as much as the next person." I guess what I get tired of with many of these celebrities is that they make all these bad choices and then turn around and think because they might donate to charity or do good works that erases the bad choices.
  4. Senior Member
    Miley Cyrus from hanna montanna but thats only so far....she hasnt been around that long

"When the stars have all been counted, and i stop loving you, honey they'll be driving BUICKS to the moon!" ~ Alan Jackson~