Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ok so I just watched Home of the Brave....

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Ok so I just watched Home of the Brave....

Advertisements
    Brandi was talking about this movie the other day....so I got curious and watched it...

looking at this movie as a whole....the idea was was interesting, sad, and reminded u what our guys and girls over there are up against even AFTER their return home....

but picking at this movie (like for some reason I love to do) a few things just jumped right out at me....details that would have made the movie that much better had they been paid attention to...

for instance....

the homecomings in this movie arent at all realistic....I havent known ONE Soldier in this day and age coming home from a tour in Iraq wearing his Class A's. ALSO, not a whole lot of families are going to sit at home and wait for a cab to bring home their loved one.

the shoulder patches: in the beginning of this movie, u'll notice that most, if not all, of the shoulder patches symbolize 4ID (4th Infantry Division) which is based out of FORT HOOD, TEXAS!....not Spokane, Washington.......but then its obvious that the characters of this movie are reservists and I really dont know how all the Reserves work...so it could be possible

their berets: omg. now this little faux pas could have been easily corrected. but I ask u....DO YOU KNOW ANY US ARMY SOLDIER THAT WEAR HIS BERET PULLED DOWN LIKE A STOCKING CAP?

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Ok, now...those things bugged me, but the overall message of the movie was dead on...and I did a little.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I didn't pick up on any of those things b/c we are Navy and I know very little about other branches. So, not a single one of those things stood out to me, even a little I thought it was a great movie, but very sad.
  3. Noel2385
    I watched about 15 minutes of this movie with DB and freaked and we put on a different movie lol
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    I didn't pick up on any of those things b/c we are Navy and I know very little about other branches. So, not a single one of those things stood out to me, even a little I thought it was a great movie, but very sad.
    It was really good....and the overall message was powerful....

I guess for me, the little details would have made it much more believable, kwim?
  5. Senior Member
    All righty... I'm renting it tomorrow....
  6. Senior Member
    I watched this movie last week and I liked it. It was so sad, but I know what you mean about some of the "realistic" aspects. However, 4ID is in Washington too.

7. Senior Member
    I agree about the homecoming. No way I could just wait for the cab to show up.

I never notice the beret or patches...doesn't matter what I'm watching...for some reason I juss never look.
  8. Senior Member
    My brother has this and I was going to watch it last night, but never did. I think I will watch it before I leave.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by CristinaFaye View Post
    I watched this movie last week and I liked it. It was so sad, but I know what you mean about some of the "realistic" aspects. However, 4ID is in Washington too.
    Good to know....

although, to see if maybe that was the case before I even posted it...I googled and googled and googled some more....

all I got was the 4ID was in Fort Hood...

ETA: I DID find this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._4th_Infantry_Division

The 4th Infantry Division (Mechanized) is a combat division of the United States Army based at Fort Hood, Texas, with two maneuver brigades stationed at Fort Carson, Colorado.

In July the division returned to France and the last detachment sailed for the United States on July 31, 1919. On September 21, 1921, the 4th Division was inactivated at Camp Lewis, Washington as part of the Army Reorganization Act of 1920.