Thread: annapolis

1. Senior Member

annapolis

Advertisements
    good movie or not im fixing to watch it
    Wifey to ~*~Katie~*~
    She totally Rocks my socks!
  2. Noel2385
    My DB graduated from the Academy and he said it was terrible. That seemed to be the concensus with all of his friends too. Supposedly there's a scene about a student that dies and they say "oh, there goes another one" or something like. Most of the midshipmen that were students when that movie came out were pretty offended because the movie was pretty blatantly referring to someone that actually died at the academy. Also, it seems like there are more people than usual that die at the Academy (some suicides) so I think it just hit a nerve with the midshipmen.
  3. Senior Member
    I liked it, but I don't know anything about the actual Annapolis...I mainly liked it because of James Franco, its worth watching it for him if nothing else!
  4. I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I liked it
  5. Senior Member
    I loved it....I know nothing about the real academy either, but as a movie, it was very enjoyable. And James Fraanco is H-O-T lol
    "I miss you when I'm sad. I miss you when I'm lonely. But most of all, I miss you when I'm happy."

6. Proud Submariner's Wife
    Proud Submariner's Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel2385 View Post
    My DB graduated from the Academy and he said it was terrible. That seemed to be the concensus with all of his friends too. Supposedly there's a scene about a student that dies and they say "oh, there goes another one" or something like. Most of the midshipmen that were students when that movie came out were pretty offended because the movie was pretty blatantly referring to someone that actually died at the academy. Also, it seems like there are more people than usual that die at the Academy (some suicides) so I think it just hit a nerve with the midshipmen.
    My hubby graduated the academy too and refuses to watch it...he says the previews alone are ridiculous. I think it says something that it was going to be shot there, but after the Academy top dogs saw the script they changed their minds and the whole set had to be built for the movie. I was with him during his time at the academy and there were a few suicides while he went there, supposedly the movie just offends many.
  7. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Quote Originally Posted by KDMatthews View Post
    I think it says something that it was going to be shot there, but after the Academy top dogs saw the script they changed their minds and the whole set had to be built for the movie.
    When it came out there was some message from the CNO about that movie. I can't remember what it was about but it caused a big stink.

DH saw it on one of his late night watches he said it was stupid & very inaccurate.

8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Well I took the MOVIE for what it was.. A MOVIE. And very worth the watch IMO.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I liked it because James Franco was in it!! As for life at the Academy... I would never try to relate the two. But entertaining none the less!
  10. Known Once Upon a Time as ILoveMySPC!!!
    Known Once Upon a Time as ILoveMySPC!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    I mainly liked it because of James Franco, its worth watching it for him if nothing else!
    Ummmmmm yeah!
    May today there be peace within. May you trust your highest power that you are exactly where you are meant to be..
    May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you....allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance and to bask in the sun. It is there for each and everyone of you.-- St. Teresa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast