Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GOP Majority all over

1. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Im willing to bet the same thing happens that always happens in a president's last two years when the other side has a majority in congress. They will investigate! Investigate everything. Spend the next two years and millions of dollars looking into Obama's birth certificate, and seeing whether Hawaii is REALLY a state for that purpose. Then they will issue subpoenas, bring in special prosecutors to see whether Michelle really ate all her vegetables at every meal. Then they will complain that the democrats are obstructing, and they will threaten to do away with the filibuster rules.

And in two years they will whine that nothing got done because...Obama.

Basically the same shit all over again.
    They'll send Blackwater to Kenya for his birth certificate

But seriously, nothing is going to get done. They'll pass little "insignificant" bills but probably nothing substantial. Gridlock is meant to happen, so it will continue.
  2. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

So ... yesterday at work I heard at least two separate people talking about how this means Congress can ban same sex marriage again.

I don't think they "get" how the court system works. Unless they're thinking Congress is going to push through a constitutional amendment in which case x 2.
  4. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    So ... yesterday at work I heard at least two separate people talking about how this means Congress can ban same sex marriage again.

I don't think they "get" how the court system works. Unless they're thinking Congress is going to push through a constitutional amendment in which case x 2.
    *facepalm*

People worry me. Like legitimately worry me

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    I mean I don't like it but I'm not really worried about it..... Basically the next two years we will see absolutely nothing happen. The first thing they're going to do is try to repeal the ACA and even if they get it to pass through the House and Senate, there is that little thing called the Presidential Veto and then they're back at square one. And they don't have the numbers to try and repeal his decision because he will veto that too. Then if they try to impeach him, well that's out the window too because they'd have to present actual FACTS not Fox Facts showing why he is impeachable and then get a 2/3 Senate vote and try him and well that's just unlikely to happen too. It's going to be a bunch of petty bullshit for the next 2 years instead of them taking what they have and owning it and actually DOING something with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gogogadgetsam View Post
    If I'm being completely honest, I guess I don't care. No matter what side I stand on, or who has won, the country is basically run by toddlers who will and have thrown tantrums over everything. Not sure if anything will be accomplished.
    Absolutely agree with the above. I'd like to *think* that the public "found their voice", but I think that's a stretch. IMO, Republicans and Democrats all act and behave the same anyways... Nothing will move forward and happen.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123