Thread: State of the Union

1. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries

Big Grin State of the Union

Advertisements
    Did you watch it last night?

Am I the only one that just kept getting MORE AND MORE PISSED OFF while watching it?

This whole minimum wage thing keeps getting to me. So they are raising the minimum wage of Government Contracted workers to $10.10. Isn't that nice? My husband pointed out last night, "Do people even realize that 10 years ago AD military used to do those jobs? As in the kitchen? But due to cut backs they had to hire it out to contractors." Now their giving THEM all a raise and my husband hasn't had one in over three years. Oh and lets not mention the fact that they are closing chow halls overseas!! Awesomesauce!!!

And for those of you that think it may NOT be true..

SNOPES! snopes.com: Soldiers Going Hungry

Because MREs are SO much better for your health!

Wow! I'm really pissed off about this. Maybe I should have put this in venting. LOL.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    If you read your link you see it has nothing to do with budget issues. It has to do with they are not going to be run by us anymore.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    If you read your link you see it has nothing to do with budget issues. It has to do with they are not going to be run by us anymore.
    nvr mind I get it.
  4. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Still pissed off about the raise though.
  5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    I don't even watch the SOTU... nothing that man can say will ever get me to watch it... its nothing but fake promises and nothing he says or does will ever be right, IMO.
    I was already annoyed just from the news stations saying that his speech would state that if congress doesn't do what he wants he'll do it anyway.. without their permission or acceptance...
    That just pisses me off. I get there are things he cannot do without congress, but there are a lot of things he can do. That attitude is just shitty. He's throwing a tantrum like a two year old...
    stomping his feet and doing whatever he wants if he doesn't get his way.. and that's just stupid.. and dangerous..

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  6. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

DH and I only watched it for the drinking game. I can't even stand his voice...
  7. Senior Member
    I will be so happy when he's out of office. His voice just pisses me off.

8. The Dude Abides
    The Dude Abides
    I don't watch the SOTU. Like others have said, I cannot stand his voice or attitude, and there's nothing in the speech that won't be printed and parsed later on anyways.