Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama vs. Bush

1. NDNatlGuardGF
    NDNatlGuardGF

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie♥Hatter View Post
    Bush has never said he made a mistake, he has helped cause the death of how many American troops? How many civilians? His administration ravaged our economy, and did nothing to correct it. His administration took away civil liberties like no other has before it. To me that is far worse then having spoken rashly about the damn Harvard incident. (which he then apologized for)
    So will you blame Obama for the death count that happens on his watch? Just wondering because lots of people say that, but I doubt they'll follow through with Obama the same way.

And it has been done before or do you not remember the Japanese internment camps. The only difference this time is that we had a legitimate threat. We DID get attacked from within our own country when before we didn't.
  2. NDNatlGuardGF
    NDNatlGuardGF

NAK = nursing at keyboard
    Got it, thanks!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by NDNatlGuardGF View Post
    And that depends on whether Bush actually thinks he needs to appologize for anything. There are plenty of people that think what he did was right and justified at the time. There are probably others that agree with Obama interfeering, while I personally see it as him getting in the middle of something he didn't belong in. Not only did he not belong there, but he made it seem like it was all about race, and that the police officer was just some racist bastard. Remarks like that coming from the President of a country have nasty effects. I appreciate the fact that he appologized afterwards, but he made a rash decision and I think a lot of people think he's doing that in other aspects as well.
    Because Bush doesn't THINK he did wrong, he shouldn't be expected to apologize?

And I don't care what Obama said about the officer. HE APOLOGIZED. Bush helped kill people and hasn't said a damn thing about it. I'd much rather focus on that.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    He is. You can't deny it. As I've said before though, I truly believe that with the state of our country, anyone who took office was bound to be treated poorly. Sadly, tensions are extremely high, people are on edge, and some are unfairly hitting below the belt.
  5. NDNatlGuardGF
    NDNatlGuardGF

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Lynn View Post
    Because Bush doesn't THINK he did wrong, he shouldn't be expected to apologize?

And I don't care what Obama said about the officer. HE APOLOGIZED. Bush helped kill people and hasn't said a damn thing about it. I'd much rather focus on that.
    He helped kill terrorists and you want him to appologize for that?! I get that Soldiers are dying, and its a terrible thing, especially with most of us having a military SO, but with that being said, they knew the consequences when they enlisted/got commissioned. I knew it too when I enlisted. I knew that I may have to go to war and follow orders of a Commander in Chief that I may not totally agree with and that I could give my life serving my country, but I enlisted anyway, just like all of those men did. And being as the war has gone on for over 4-6 years (a normal enlistment term) all of the people fighting now chose to stay in or enlist even with the war being as it is. Its not like they enlisted before 9/11 and had no clue what they were getting in to. Its no different than a police officer getting shot. It's tragic, but its a terrible posibility of the job. I'm not trying to downplay our Soldier's deaths, but its the truth whether you like it or not.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    So will you blame Obama for the death count that happens on his watch? Just wondering because lots of people say that, but I doubt they'll follow through with Obama the same way.

And it has been done before or do you not remember the Japanese internment camps. The only difference this time is that we had a legitimate threat. We DID get attacked from within our own country when before we didn't.
    Did Obama start this war? so no if he follows through with his promise of getting us out of the gulf and ending our war on terror then no i won't blame him for further body counts. If he goes back on his word yes his hands will be just as filthy as Bush and his administrations.

We got attacked before as well Pearl Harbor, Iraq however has NOTHING to do with 9/11. We were lied to and the sheeple went along with what he was selling out of fear and hatred.

I also fail to see what the concentration camps we placed American citizens in have to do with our invading Iraq.

Soldiers are not the only ones dying over there, innocent non-combatants (children, women, and men) are also dying every day. The American news doesn't really report on that though.
    Last edited by Sophie♥Hatter; 09-23-2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: my B key sucks so tdoes the O key
  7. NDNatlGuardGF
    NDNatlGuardGF

Did Obama start this war? so no if he follows through with his promise of getting us out of the gulf and ending our war on terror then no i won't blame him for further body counts. If he goes back on his word yes his hands will be just as filthy as Bush and his administrations.

We got attacked before as well Pearl Harbor, Iraq however has NOTHING to do with 9/11. We were lied to and the sheeple went along with what he was selling out of fear and hatred.

I also fail to see what the concentration camps we placed American citizens in have to do with our invading Iraq.

Soldiers are not the only ones dying over there, innocent non-combatants (children, women, and men) are also dying every day. The American news doesn't really report on that though.
    The internment camps were referenced because a comment was made about civil liberties being taken away with Bush (probably referring to the Patriot Act) and how it had never been done before.

And with the news comment, have you watched the news lately? All they talk about is civialian casualties! What they don't talk about are the good things happening over there. The Soldiers teaching English to young kids, and building schools and clinics. That stuff is still happening like it did in the beginning, but its not popular enouigh to be shown on the news. As Americans we are incredibly perverted and for some reason love seeing the bad stuff on the news more than the good stuff.

Oh, and regarding your comment about Obama starting the war, then I'm assuming you're only referring to the war in Iraq? Because Bush sure as hell didn't start the war in Afghanistan. THAT was was started on 9/11!
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Just because you are happy about the changes does not mean that everyone is. If remember right, you have been pretty vocal about some of the issues he is planning to address (please correct me if I'm wrong, I confuse people on here sometimes) but there are plenty that are vocal about it on the opposite side. I'm not saying that he's not continuing many things, because he is. I'll admit I didn't read the articles, but I already knew that and don't dispute it. The problem is not that, its the changes that he's trying to make, and the fact that they are HUGE and will affect every single American. LBJ didn't get as much flack for his deal, but with the exception of Vietnam, did people really protest like they do today? They didn't. They weren't as vocal about any other issue, but today people protest over everything!

And as far as Obama being judged on what he's done thus far...it's not going to happen, at least not until decisions are made. Let's take the health care thing for example. There are way too many people on each side of the debate. The ones against him dislike him very much right now for the things that could happen to them (their healthcare drops in quality, they pay higher taxes, etc.) and that won't change until they have an absolute answer as to what will happen. Its no different than the people who desperately need healthcare hating those who are trying to stop it from happening or even just want it revised. The American people have had to pick up the pieces after the mistakes of Presidents forever, including Bush, and I think they're getting sick of it. To me, it seems as if they are trying to avert the "picking up pieces" part by just stopping the changes from being made. (Those that oppose them anyway.) I truely believe that that part of all this would be happening no matter what color our President was.

Like I said earlier though, the racist comments like Hitler and Nazi are uncalled for. That IS being done simply because he's black, but unfortunately thats what comes with our freedom of speech. As much as I hate racist people, I wouldn't take that away from them because I treasure my freedom of speech too much. It's a double-edged sword. While I think the majority of people who dislike Obama, would dislike any Pres for the same reasons - his policies, I will acknowledge that there are definately some out there who could care less about that and only see the color of his skin.
    I haven't said anything much in the health care threads and I am a critic of Obama from the left who is happy with my vote for him. I certainly don't expect people to be happy with the changes. I do expect people to save the name calling until something that warrants it is done. HITLER? NAZI? Those are not terms to casually throw around.

And I do expect that people who disagree both with Obama and the horrific namecalling (some of which is rooted in racism) to speak out and say not in my name instead of justifying and excusing.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    No the men on the plane were Saudi's we invaded Afghanistan we did not HAVE to go to war in the manner we did. The Afghanistan conflict was poorly planned, we have pushed the Taliban from the border of Pakistan all the way into Pakistan. The whole thing has been a cluster fuck and that puts our troops lives in danger and causes higher civilian casualties. I do not agree with either war all we have done is further destabilize both regions.

By civil liberties I am referring to the PA and how it has changed the power axsis in our nation. The concentration camps while they were an invasion of civil liberties are not the same scale.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    He helped kill terrorists and you want him to appologize for that?! I get that Soldiers are dying, and its a terrible thing, especially with most of us having a military SO, but with that being said, they knew the consequences when they enlisted/got commissioned. I knew it too when I enlisted. I knew that I may have to go to war and follow orders of a Commander in Chief that I may not totally agree with and that I could give my life serving my country, but I enlisted anyway, just like all of those men did. And being as the war has gone on for over 4-6 years (a normal enlistment term) all of the people fighting now chose to stay in or enlist even with the war being as it is. Its not like they enlisted before 9/11 and had no clue what they were getting in to. Its no different than a police officer getting shot. It's tragic, but its a terrible posibility of the job. I'm not trying to downplay our Soldier's deaths, but its the truth whether you like it or not.
    How about he engaged in a war that wasn't approved, and built us a nice little deficit? We never NEEDED to go to Iraq, the terrorists that attacked us were not from there.
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast