Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama vs. Bush

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by NDNatlGuardGF View Post
    Just because you are happy about the changes does not mean that everyone is. If remember right, you have been pretty vocal about some of the issues he is planning to address (please correct me if I'm wrong, I confuse people on here sometimes) but there are plenty that are vocal about it on the opposite side. I'm not saying that he's not continuing many things, because he is. I'll admit I didn't read the articles, but I already knew that and don't dispute it. The problem is not that, its the changes that he's trying to make, and the fact that they are HUGE and will affect every single American. LBJ didn't get as much flack for his deal, but with the exception of Vietnam, did people really protest like they do today? They didn't. They weren't as vocal about any other issue, but today people protest over everything!

And as far as Obama being judged on what he's done thus far...it's not going to happen, at least not until decisions are made. Let's take the health care thing for example. There are way too many people on each side of the debate. The ones against him dislike him very much right now for the things that could happen to them (their healthcare drops in quality, they pay higher taxes, etc.) and that won't change until they have an absolute answer as to what will happen. Its no different than the people who desperately need healthcare hating those who are trying to stop it from happening or even just want it revised. The American people have had to pick up the pieces after the mistakes of Presidents forever, including Bush, and I think they're getting sick of it. To me, it seems as if they are trying to avert the "picking up pieces" part by just stopping the changes from being made. (Those that oppose them anyway.) I truely believe that that part of all this would be happening no matter what color our President was.

Like I said earlier though, the racist comments like Hitler and Nazi are uncalled for. That IS being done simply because he's black, but unfortunately thats what comes with our freedom of speech. As much as I hate racist people, I wouldn't take that away from them because I treasure my freedom of speech too much. It's a double-edged sword. While I think the majority of people who dislike Obama, would dislike any Pres for the same reasons - his policies, I will acknowledge that there are definately some out there who could care less about that and only see the color of his skin.
    Bush earned EIGHT YEARS of criticism, and Obama hasn't been in office TEN MONTHS. How could he possible be as legitimately disliked and disrespected?

And to the bold: We can get rid of racism and still have freedom of speech, its called education.
  2. NDNatlGuardGF
    NDNatlGuardGF

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie♥Hatter View Post
    Bush did ALL of it to himself (if he would talk correctly and in an intelligent manner we would not have BOOKS full of his idiocies) Obama isn't even being given the chance to fuck up he's just been given the fuck up label unearned. So yes I feel he is being treated worse than Bush ever was.
    But you could argue that Obama is doing it to himself as well. He got involved in that situation with the cop and the Professor, when he should have just stayed out of it completely. (Especially being as it was revolving around a supposed race issue and he has enough of those on his own.) Instead he had to issue an official apology for his remarks. Then, while I still don't think it was appropriate for Wilson to do, he was called a liar in front of the nation, because he was not giving all the facts. Even his own fact-check website confirmed that he was not really lying about illegal imigrants getting healthcare, but he was also not telling the truth that there were no checks being put in place to stop it from happening. In his plan they are not asking for proof of citizenship to receive healthcare. He was only telling the partial story and got called out for it. It wasn't properly done at all, it should have been done afterwards in an appropriate setting, but he asked for it.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    But you could argue that Obama is doing it to himself as well. He got involved in that situation with the cop and the Professor, when he should have just stayed out of it completely. (Especially being as it was revolving around a supposed race issue and he has enough of those on his own.) Instead he had to issue an official apology for his remarks. Then, while I still don't think it was appropriate for Wilson to do, he was called a liar in front of the nation, because he was not giving all the facts. Even his own fact-check website confirmed that he was not really lying about illegal imigrants getting healthcare, but he was also not telling the truth that there were no checks being put in place to stop it from happening. In his plan they are not asking for proof of citizenship to receive healthcare. He was only telling the partial story and got called out for it. It wasn't properly done at all, it should have been done afterwards in an appropriate setting, but he asked for it.
    NAK but QFP for later
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  4. NDNatlGuardGF
    NDNatlGuardGF

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Lynn View Post
    Bush earned EIGHT YEARS of criticism, and Obama hasn't been in office TEN MONTHS. How could he possible be as legitimately disliked and disrespected?

And to the bold: We can get rid of racism and still have freedom of speech, its called education.
    He's being disrespected because our society is getting to the point where thats being accepted. Its terrible, but thats just how it is. I personally don't like him and disagree with many of his policies, but I will respect him because of the position he's filling. He may not be my Commander in Chief anymore (I'm not in the military any longer), but I'll respect the position anyway. Unfortunately not everyone thinks that way. Thats where the disrespect is coming from. Its not fair, and I don't condone it, but when a society changes what do you do?

The dislike is simply because of his policies. He's trying to change major things in our country and most of it is very touchy to people. Just look at the debates here! If we get as up in arms as we do about some of the topics, can you imagine what the American people as a whole must feel? People disliking him doesn't really mean anything. People protesting against his policies isn't a bad thing. Its their way of getting their voices heard, just like a member here (I can't remember your name, I'm sorry) wrote about how she called her Congressman about an issue that was personal to her. Everyone ahs their way to get their voice heard, adn to me as long as they are being respectful, its fine.

As to your comment about race...I completely agree. Its easier said than done though. You can teach people all you want, but if they don't want to give up their beliefs it won't happen. You can teach me all about Islam, but most likely at the end I'll tell you that it was interesting, but I'm still a Christian. Unfortunately you can't force a person to change like that. (Not that I don't wish you could though.)
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    ...He issued an apology. He's said he was sorry. He admits to being WRONG. When did BUSH do that?
  6. NDNatlGuardGF
    NDNatlGuardGF

Quote Originally Posted by Germanchick View Post
    NAK but QFP for later
    I got the QFP part, but whats NAK?

Oh, and you really don't have to do that to my posts. I won't go back and change or delete what I wrote because I hate it when other people do that.
  7. Amy
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamzyn View Post
    Yup .. I know Bush was treated pretty badly towards the end, but that was after 8 years of messing the country up. Obama hasn't even been president for a year and it started the day he was announced the winner. I wish people would give him a chance .. I him! lol!
    Absolutely.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    ...He issued an apology. He's said he was sorry. He admits to being WRONG. When did BUSH do that?
    Bush has never said he made a mistake, he has helped cause the death of how many American troops? How many civilians? His administration ravaged our economy, and did nothing to correct it. His administration took away civil liberties like no other has before it. To me that is far worse then having spoken rashly about the damn Harvard incident. (which he then apologized for)
  9. NDNatlGuardGF
    NDNatlGuardGF

And that depends on whether Bush actually thinks he needs to appologize for anything. There are plenty of people that think what he did was right and justified at the time. There are probably others that agree with Obama interfeering, while I personally see it as him getting in the middle of something he didn't belong in. Not only did he not belong there, but he made it seem like it was all about race, and that the police officer was just some racist bastard. Remarks like that coming from the President of a country have nasty effects. I appreciate the fact that he appologized afterwards, but he made a rash decision and I think a lot of people think he's doing that in other aspects as well.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I got the QFP part, but whats NAK?

Oh, and you really don't have to do that to my posts. I won't go back and change or delete what I wrote because I hate it when other people do that.
    NAK = nursing at keyboard
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast