Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What to do???

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

What to do???

Advertisements
    Hey all,

My DB is on deployment and i haven't been able to hear from him for a few days. I stay pretty busy with work and coaching, and I workout a little each day.

There are still times i feel like i miss him so bad i need to get my mind off of just soaking in sadness.

What do you all do to stay busy??
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyL3 View Post
    Hey all,

My DB is on deployment and i haven't been able to hear from him for a few days. I stay pretty busy with work and coaching, and I workout a little each day.

There are still times i feel like i miss him so bad i need to get my mind off of just soaking in sadness.

What do you all do to stay busy??
    I used to plan something special for each week to make the time go faster. Could be grabbing a coffee with a friend, going to dinner with family or getting a pedicure. I always wanted something short term to look forward to. I also enjoyed spending time planning and making care packages. While that didn't take my mind off him being gone, it would make me feel more connected to him. .
  3. Senior Member
    I also fine writing in a journal helped with things. That way just get my thoughts out and can start clean again.
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCupcake View Post
    I used to plan something special for each week to make the time go faster. Could be grabbing a coffee with a friend, going to dinner with family or getting a pedicure. I always wanted something short term to look forward to. I also enjoyed spending time planning and making care packages. While that didn't take my mind off him being gone, it would make me feel more connected to him. .
    I wish i could send a care package I am unable to where he is right now.

I def like the idea of doing short term goals though. I will start to do that each week
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I'm presuming you have facebook? One thing I like to check out on FB is that "events happening in your area" tab. I pre-book my weekends (weeknights as well) with all these activities to keep my mind off the whole deployment saga. Also what's something you've been wanting to try out? I knew Deployment was going to be rough on my mental psyche, so I took up Brazilian Jiu Jitsu even before the SO left and I'm hooked, so that keeps me busy and stimulates me mentally and physically. Hopefully these ideas help
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSphynx View Post
    I'm presuming you have facebook? One thing I like to check out on FB is that "events happening in your area" tab. I pre-book my weekends (weeknights as well) with all these activities to keep my mind off the whole deployment saga. Also what's something you've been wanting to try out? I knew Deployment was going to be rough on my mental psyche, so I took up Brazilian Jiu Jitsu even before the SO left and I'm hooked, so that keeps me busy and stimulates me mentally and physically. Hopefully these ideas help
    Thank you it def does help!! Im able to stay busy between work and hten work after work haha and then i have been working out again which i enjoy . I def will check out facebook though thats a really good idea!