Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DD Check in! Sunday 4/5

1. Wine-o
    Wine-o

DD Check in! Sunday 4/5

Advertisements
    Happy Sunday! Happy Easter if you celebrate! I wanted to continue with Roxie's great motivational pics, so here ya go!

What are you doing today to make it a good day?

I actually have 0 plans today! I don't do the Easter thing, so it's just another day for me. It's really nice out so I'll probably take the dogs to the dog park down the street later. Maybe do some cleaning around the house. It's nice to have days like this every once in awhile where I can just relax! Yesterday was my busy day. Took Gus to the vet for that cyst thing and the consensus is he needs to have it removed So as of now, he's scheduled for surgery on the 14th. In the meantime, I'm putting cortisone cream on it to see if I can get it to reduce/dry out and maybe he won't need surgery after all. Fingers crossed! Then I did a home visit for one of my dog rescues and hit the grocery store, and then walked around Michaels for a few to get ideas for CPs Pretty low key weekend overall. The next 2 weeks are gonna suck because DB is taking an on-site class that runs every day, and then after class he has to go to the office to do his job stuff. And the MAJ is still gone - he comes back on Sat. So basically, we will have very little communication over the next 2 weeks I need to try to occupy myself to keep my mind off the lack of communication, but work has been horribly slow so that's no help. That food truck festival is next Sunday though, so I'm looking forward to that!

Hope you all have a good start to your week!
    ~Becca~

2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    Happy Sunday! Happy Easter if you celebrate! I wanted to continue with Roxie's great motivational pics, so here ya go!

What are you doing today to make it a good day?

I actually have 0 plans today! I don't do the Easter thing, so it's just another day for me. It's really nice out so I'll probably take the dogs to the dog park down the street later. Maybe do some cleaning around the house. It's nice to have days like this every once in awhile where I can just relax! Yesterday was my busy day. Took Gus to the vet for that cyst thing and the consensus is he needs to have it removed So as of now, he's scheduled for surgery on the 14th. In the meantime, I'm putting cortisone cream on it to see if I can get it to reduce/dry out and maybe he won't need surgery after all. Fingers crossed! Then I did a home visit for one of my dog rescues and hit the grocery store, and then walked around Michaels for a few to get ideas for CPs Pretty low key weekend overall. The next 2 weeks are gonna suck because DB is taking an on-site class that runs every day, and then after class he has to go to the office to do his job stuff. And the MAJ is still gone - he comes back on Sat. So basically, we will have very little communication over the next 2 weeks I need to try to occupy myself to keep my mind off the lack of communication, but work has been horribly slow so that's no help. That food truck festival is next Sunday though, so I'm looking forward to that!

Hope you all have a good start to your week!
    Happy Sunday! I love the quote! It's another regular day for me too. Its truly awesome to have a nothing day! Oh no I'm sorry to hear the pup might need surgery!! I hope it goes down by then!!! sounds like hell weeks coming up, which means you will just have to power through! I'm sorry he won't be around much. It'll make it so sweet when the comms become better again though.

I'm having a good long weekend. I'm currently on skype with DH but he's been passed out for the last half hour so I'm typing quietly to not wake him up. Furious 7 was AMAZING and everything we hoped it would be. I got my hair did, and I found a homecoming dress! Now the guy replacing DH just needs to get there, so DH can hand off and come home!!
  3. Senior Member
    Brahette!: for your first post as the new motivator! I'm glad you had a nice low key weekend. So sorry to hear that your pup needs to have surgery. My fingers are crossed for you both! I hope these next two weeks go by quick for you and your DH so you can have good communication again!

Roxie: at your DH falling asleep on Skype. New homecoming dress?! How exciting! I can't wait to start my "homecoming makeover" of getting hair, nails, waxing, etc. done!

My weekend was good. Also pretty low key but they usually are. My grandparents and nieces are coming over for Easter dinner but that's about it. I feel slightly annoyed with DH right now because I feel like he's complacent and isn't putting a ton of effort into communicating. He messages me constantly throughout the day but he never calls. It'd be nice to get a phone call every now and then. I'm also just a little impatient because it's going to be that time of month soon...
  4. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by roxieluvs View Post
    Happy Sunday! I love the quote! It's another regular day for me too. Its truly awesome to have a nothing day! Oh no I'm sorry to hear the pup might need surgery!! I hope it goes down by then!!! sounds like hell weeks coming up, which means you will just have to power through! I'm sorry he won't be around much. It'll make it so sweet when the comms become better again though.

I'm having a good long weekend. I'm currently on skype with DH but he's been passed out for the last half hour so I'm typing quietly to not wake him up. Furious 7 was AMAZING and everything we hoped it would be. I got my hair did, and I found a homecoming dress! Now the guy replacing DH just needs to get there, so DH can hand off and come home!!
    Yeah I have been in a super bummed mood this afternoon about the communication stuff. I really just need to think positive and know that we will get through the suck. at your DH snoozin! Sounds like you had a fun weekend! Can't wait to see your homecoming dress! Where did you get it from? Crossing fingers that your DH's replacement gets there SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Brahette!: for your first post as the new motivator! I'm glad you had a nice low key weekend. So sorry to hear that your pup needs to have surgery. My fingers are crossed for you both! I hope these next two weeks go by quick for you and your DH so you can have good communication again!

Roxie: at your DH falling asleep on Skype. New homecoming dress?! How exciting! I can't wait to start my "homecoming makeover" of getting hair, nails, waxing, etc. done!

My weekend was good. Also pretty low key but they usually are. My grandparents and nieces are coming over for Easter dinner but that's about it. I feel slightly annoyed with DH right now because I feel like he's complacent and isn't putting a ton of effort into communicating. He messages me constantly throughout the day but he never calls. It'd be nice to get a phone call every now and then. I'm also just a little impatient because it's going to be that time of month soon...
    Thanks lady! Hope you have a good Easter dinner! Sorry your DH is slacking in the comms department Is Skype an option? Oh man, everyone's favorite time of the month... cookie time!
    ~Becca~

5. Regular Member
    I'm a day late, but happy easter!! I had a good day, spent it with the family, and went with the brothers and grandma to blue bird gap farm (pretty much a "petting zoo"). We got to go on a hayride, and ever since, the youngest brother wouldn't stop talking about how he got to ride a tractor, it was sooo cute.

Other than than, nothing exciting with me. I start work in 44 minutes, and idk why, BUT I'M SOOOO NERVOUS!! Maybe it's the work from home environment? I just hope I can keep up and not get distracted.
  6. Regular Member
    Brahette: love the quote, I can tell that you're going to bea great motivator! So sorry to here about Gus, I hope that everything goes well. I hope these 2 weeks go by pretty fast for you, it sucks when you don't get to talk to your SO much.

Roxie: I'm so happy for you . I can't wait to see your dress. I'll be so happy when I get to prepare for DF to come home.

Frostbitten: I totally understand how you feel. DF gets to message a lot but he can't call too often & I got a little upset the other day then I realized that it's just my hormones I told DF about it so he's been trying to call when he can.

Manda: Don't be nervous I'm sure that you'll do a great job!

I had a pretty good weekend. I celebrated my goddaughters birthday Saturday, we had a party for her. I worked a few hours yesterday but after work I was with my parents and in-laws. So I had a pretty relaxing weekend. But I think that my hormones are getting the best of me because all of a sudden I have cold feet about getting married hopefully that feeling goes away soon.
  7. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by manda0191 View Post
    I'm a day late, but happy easter!! I had a good day, spent it with the family, and went with the brothers and grandma to blue bird gap farm (pretty much a "petting zoo"). We got to go on a hayride, and ever since, the youngest brother wouldn't stop talking about how he got to ride a tractor, it was sooo cute.

Other than than, nothing exciting with me. I start work in 44 minutes, and idk why, BUT I'M SOOOO NERVOUS!! Maybe it's the work from home environment? I just hope I can keep up and not get distracted.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by yana86 View Post
    Brahette: love the quote, I can tell that you're going to bea great motivator! So sorry to here about Gus, I hope that everything goes well. I hope these 2 weeks go by pretty fast for you, it sucks when you don't get to talk to your SO much.

I had a pretty good weekend. I celebrated my goddaughters birthday Saturday, we had a party for her. I worked a few hours yesterday but after work I was with my parents and in-laws. So I had a pretty relaxing weekend. But I think that my hormones are getting the best of me because all of a sudden I have cold feet about getting married hopefully that feeling goes away soon.
    Thanks! I found some cortisone spray in my dog supply stash, so I'm trying that as well. I really don't want him to go through an unnecessary surgery if we can avoid it. Glad you had a good weekend! Oh no! What's giving you cold feet?? I hope you start feeling better soon... you're getting married in the fall I think?
    ~Becca~

8. Regular Member
    Brahette: right I wouldn't either I hope the spray helps. And the wedding is November 21st. Idk I guess it's a mixture of hormones and the fact that we had a little issue in December which made me trust him a little less. All of that and him not being here is just making me feel like.
  9. Senior Member

Becca: Woohoo first check in as motivator! I thought about doing it, but figured it'd be kinda pointless and you'd end up taking over anyway.

Happy Easter! Glad you had a nice relaxing Sunday after a busy Saturday. Mine was flip flopped. Ugh that sucks he's going to be even busier. Hopefully when the MAJ gets back on Saturday the workload will be slightly less the following week while he's still in class. I feel you on the horribly slow work though. Thankfully it has been a little busier for me as of late but damn if it isn't the slowest 6 months of work I've ever had.

Roxie: Glad some of us got a nice long weekend! Only a normal two day for me. And you're getting all ready for DH to come home!? YAY! I agree, I can't wait to see the dress/outfit, you must post pictures!! That's so adorable he fell asleep talking to you I don't think I ever even saw FF 6 so I'm a ways off from watching 7 Glad it was good though! Just don't give anything away!! Hopefully his replacement shows up soon!

Frost: Hope the dinner with your family went good. Sorry your DH is slacking on the communication front, did you mention you'd like to talk on the phone or video chat? Hopefully he'll get it together and you two can talk more. Yaaayyy for mother nature visiting!! Don't worry, not long after she leaves your place I'm sure she'll be coming to say hi to me.

Manda: Aww, yay for more spending time with your family. That's cute your younger brother was so excited about the tractor ride. Oh good luck with the job!! I'm sure you'll do fine.

Yana: How old did your goddaughter turn? Sounds like it wasn't too bad of a weekend! Hormones are such a bitch. What has you worried or concerned? I know what you said to brahette but is it some specific concern about the wedding or marriage you have? I'm sorry him being gone and everything is stressing you out though.

My weekend turned out pretty good. DB and I had some major issues on Friday but we were able to work through it. The deployment is really stressing him out and I think he just kinda had a breakdown. His NCOs and people he works with have been treating him like shit. I feel really bad. I really just can't wait for him to get back so he will be okay, and we will be okay. So he can see that although this deployment has been really hard things WILL go back to normal, you know?

Saturday I was entirely lazy and did nothing. It was kind of one of those days where I wanted to do stuff, but I didn't even have the energy or motivation to try and do anything. Sunday I got up after, oh maybe three and a half hours of sleep to skype DB. Despite the lack of sleep it was really nice to skype him. I stayed up after and decided to go to B&N to get the first book in his all-time favorite series (The Dark Tower series by Stephen King) to read. I started it back when he and I first met and he mentioned it, but I barely got into the first book and then stopped. So I picked that up, then went right nextdoor to the movies and saw that animated movie Home. It was so cute. Definitely worth seeing!! Man it had some super tear-jerker moments though!! I soemhow managed not to cry but damn it got sad at some parts lol.

After I went out to the lake on part of post and threw out some blankets on the grass and read. I didn't get a whole lot of reading, kinda distracted by the people there and such. A little boy, maybe like 6, came over and gave me an easter egg with a piece of candy in it and said happy easter. It was so cute. Then I had to go pick a friend up from the airport. His flight was originally delayed half an hour so I drove up a bit later, it was super trafficy, finally got there and he hadn't even landed ugh. I sat around for like 45 minutes waiting! But I talked to DB the entire drive there !! Which was really nice.

Work has been SO busy today ohmygosh! Finally managed to finish/send my reply. Sorry if it doesn't make sense, I was in a rush. I'm glad though, busy is so much better!
    Deployment #1: Over!

DB: feck fuck fack Me: What? DB: I can't believe I love you so damn much

Extended separation #2: Over!
  10. Regular Member
    Samantha: She made 7 & I feel so old! I swear it feels like she was just born! It's like I'm excited for the wedding and ready to marry him, but we had this huge argument in December. Things were said, feelings were hurt, and he had one of those "slip ups" and was talking to another female in an way that I didn't appreciate at all. So I got really angry, like really angry about it & I even moved out of our apartment for a while. That made him lose some of my trust and I guess that even though he's apologized and everything else it still comes to my mind. Usually I can dismiss it but now it keeps coming back. I guess it also has something to do with him not being here so I haven't totally moved on.

Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend. How many books have you read I the series? I'm almost finished the book that I'm reading now so I'll be looking for something else to read soon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast