Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cute little reminders.....

1. Senior Member

Love Cute little reminders.....

Advertisements
    [So.... DF. is deployed.. and] when he left i felt the need to scatter a whole bunch of his things around [so that no matter what i was doing i would have a cutesy little reminder of how much i love him and how much he makes me happy.. and so on....]

this is what i have done:

[In my car~ i have a pair of his oakley sunglassed around my rearview mirror, as well as his ACU cat eyes... i also have a rose sitting in my vent that he had bought me before leaving.

Sunday~ I have the very first rose he ever bought me pressed in my bible on the page number of the day we started dating... (718)

At home~ Of course i make sure to sleep in one of his shirts every night, and i have the same sheets we used back in El Paso... (of course i wash them, and put them back on) and the same Blankets.

On my person~ Every day no matter what i wear i have a metal memorial bracelet that was his, and a yellow and white support our troops band.. I also never ever take of his dog tags (unless i am taking a shower) and i have his tags from when he was in ROTC in High school as well that i wear.]

I wanna know what you have to remind you of your lovers.... 1,2,3,... GO!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I wear my half of this....

And I've got pictures of us around my house! Aaaannnd sometimes when I'm feeling extra pathetic I watch old videos he sent to me while he was deployed
  3. Senior Member
    DB gave me coins from my undergraduate and graduate schools as a "congratulations" for when he made me "pass" a certain training that he had to do (ha!). I carry them around in my pocket, especially to work, so when things get rough I can just squeeze them really hard and feel that he is there to help me. He isn't deployed yet, but he is at trainings often, so that helps me!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by br33 View Post
    I wear my half of this....

And I've got pictures of us around my house! Aaaannnd sometimes when I'm feeling extra pathetic I watch old videos he sent to me while he was deployed
    cute! i love your necklaces...
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlc311 View Post
    DB gave me coins from my undergraduate and graduate schools as a "congratulations" for when he made me "pass" a certain training that he had to do (ha!). I carry them around in my pocket, especially to work, so when things get rough I can just squeeze them really hard and feel that he is there to help me. He isn't deployed yet, but he is at trainings often, so that helps me!
    Nice!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLover718 View Post
    [So.... DF. is deployed.. and] when he left i felt the need to scatter a whole bunch of his things around [so that no matter what i was doing i would have a cutesy little reminder of how much i love him and how much he makes me happy.. and so on....]

this is what i have done:

[In my car~ i have a pair of his oakley sunglassed around my rearview mirror, as well as his ACU cat eyes... i also have a rose sitting in my vent that he had bought me before leaving.

Sunday~ I have the very first rose he ever bought me pressed in my bible on the page number of the day we started dating... (718)

At home~ Of course i make sure to sleep in one of his shirts every night, and i have the same sheets we used back in El Paso... (of course i wash them, and put them back on) and the same Blankets.

On my person~ Every day no matter what i wear i have a metal memorial bracelet that was his, and a yellow and white support our troops band.. I also never ever take of his dog tags (unless i am taking a shower) and i have his tags from when he was in ROTC in High school as well that i wear.]

I wanna know what you have to remind you of your lovers.... 1,2,3,... GO!

I think your ideas about putting stuff in every area of your "life" is great-constant reminders are the way to go I think
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm wearing a TShirt from his high school football team lol...I don't really want too much stuff on my person because it can get depressing to think about him being gone all of the time. So yeah...I limit myself lol
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlc311 View Post
    I think your ideas about putting stuff in every area of your "life" is great-constant reminders are the way to go I think
    Thank you Dear!

Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    I'm wearing a TShirt from his high school football team lol...I don't really want too much stuff on my person because it can get depressing to think about him being gone all of the time. So yeah...I limit myself lol
    Cute idea! and I dont find it too depressing, yes it reminds me that he is gone, but becuase I have them, it helps me feel that much closer to him.
  9. Robin :)
    Robin :)
    I have his kids

I sleep with a teddy bear he bought me I wear his clothes all the time! And my wedding rings never leave my hand!
    We Survived Deployment #1 July 2011-Feburary 2012
    We Survived Deployment #2 July 2013-April 2014

I'm the Pink in a household full of Blue
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailors_Princess View Post
    I have his kids

I sleep with a teddy bear he bought me I wear his clothes all the time! And my wedding rings never leave my hand!
    oh yeah.. I have DF's kids as well..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast