Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Needing Support

1. Senior Member

Thumb Down Needing Support

Advertisements
    Hello Everyone!

Wow, I cannot believe how long has gone by since I have posted here or chatted with any of yall. I guess life just has a way of consuming you into forgetting about little things that make you happy. I always found happiness and a sense of community talking to everyone here! Anyways, I have been reaaalllly lucky. DH is getting out of the military in 15 months now and he has NEVER been deployed...until now. I just dropped him off at base and said goodbye to him 2 hours ago. I do not think I have ever known how hard it is to be a military spouse until now. I have a lump in my throat that I cannot clear, my heart feels heavy in my chest- almost like a weight that is keeping me from any laughter and any general positive emotinos. Its hard. I feel so broken right now, I do not mean to sound terribly dramatic. I am alone in San Antonio...I have a good job but besides that...I have nothing. no family out here...some friends but not close enough to be like, "hey lets go out tonight" or "hey come over today." I definitely blame myself for that...my social anxiety keeps me from getting close to others. And I will say it- I am codependent. DH is the best friend I could ever ask for. Been best friends since we were 13. I love him and often miss him when hes gone for a whole night shift. I know... this isn't looking good for me y'all!! Hopefully it can be a growing experience that I need but I am at a loss...

Any opinions, comments, or friends going through something similar who want to talk- let me know. I need the support and I can offer a lot of support in exchange!

Bailey
  2. Moderator

Having been through a few deployments, I always take the first 24 hours to wallow, feel sad, eat ice cream, etc. Then I get on with business. There’s lots you can do with this time. You can start a hobby, workout, work on enhancing your friendships, or start a new show. Whatever works for you! The first bit can suck but you’ll get into a routine.
  3. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    Having been through a few deployments, I always take the first 24 hours to wallow, feel sad, eat ice cream, etc. Then I get on with business. There’s lots you can do with this time. You can start a hobby, workout, work on enhancing your friendships, or start a new show. Whatever works for you! The first bit can suck but you’ll get into a routine.
    The first part is always hard for me, too. You'll get into a groove, though, and time will go by more quickly.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.