Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: He left today

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

He left today

Advertisements
    My boyfriend left today for real.

I haven't seen him since Friday, We have a long distance relationship as it is so that is hard, but now I don't know when i'll hear from him again.

This is the first deployment since we have been together and I am trying so hard to be strong , but i have so many worries and insecurities all at the same time.
  2. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Klloyd333 View Post
    My boyfriend left today for real.

I haven't seen him since Friday, We have a long distance relationship as it is so that is hard, but now I don't know when i'll hear from him again.

This is the first deployment since we have been together and I am trying so hard to be strong , but i have so many worries and insecurities all at the same time.
    Awe. Kelly, it will get easier. It's been almost a month for the DB and I on deployment. It's good. It will give you time to grow.
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by susbro510 View Post
    Awe. Kelly, it will get easier. It's been almost a month for the DB and I on deployment. It's good. It will give you time to grow.
    I hope so, I just know it is going to be so hard.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klloyd333 View Post
    I hope so, I just know it is going to be so hard.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  5. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

It is difficult at first, but if you stay busy like I did, time will pass quickly.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    Thank you
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ALil2Naughty View Post
    It is difficult at first, but if you stay busy like I did, time will pass quickly.
    I am going to try. There always seems to be that little bit of down time where I'm just so sad. I need to pick up some more hobbies.
  8. Senior Member
    I'm in the same boat...my DB left on Sunday...I know I haven't even begun to reach the hard part yet! Last night it really kind of sunk in a little more how long it's going to be before I see him in person again...I am busy between working full-time and taking care of 2 kids and 2 dogs and I still find time to stress about it and be sad...but I don't want to be sad in front of my kids because they already miss him too so I try to pretend like it's all good and not bothering me at all, but I don't think I do the best job at that lol
  9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by AMP1984 View Post
    I'm in the same boat...my DB left on Sunday...I know I haven't even begun to reach the hard part yet! Last night it really kind of sunk in a little more how long it's going to be before I see him in person again...I am busy between working full-time and taking care of 2 kids and 2 dogs and I still find time to stress about it and be sad...but I don't want to be sad in front of my kids because they already miss him too so I try to pretend like it's all good and not bothering me at all, but I don't think I do the best job at that lol
    I am so sorry We can def help each other out! I dont have kids yet but I know it must be so hard. I dont think it has really hit me either about how long its really going to be until i see him in person again. It is going to be hard. I try to stay busy between working fulltime nad coaching but its still hard at night its the worst.
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    My first deployment with the SO. It's rough, because he had training prior to leaving, so it was almost "Can you leave already....Can we please start the time clicking on this! Why are you still here?!" moments. Then when he was actually gone, it sucked. It sucked that knowing the fact that I don't have that person to talk to at the end of the day (We were long distance too, but still the same state prior to deployment). Though it will get better - It gets better. it's like a roller coaster, apparently, is what people have told me. You go up and down in the extreme when it comes to your emotions, but after a while, it settles down and you just "miss him" point blank. No more crying, no more bawling your eyes out. You seem to be trying to keep yourself busy. And I plan my nights out up to the point of sleep so I don't have my thoughts wander around. Not sure if this will work for you ,but has for me. Rarely do I have a day/night that I don't have planned out until I know I can cope with the loneliness: that time will come. Regardless, you have an avenue of support over here, which I'm sure is gallantly extended. Keep your head up high!