Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Looking for friends to talk to during first deployment of relationship :)

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Love Looking for friends to talk to during first deployment of relationship :)

Advertisements
    Hello!
    My boyfriend and I are going through our first deployment together. I have complete faith that we will make it through, because what we have is so strong. We were going to get married before he was supposed to deploy after the holidays but unfortunately the military had other plans for him.

So, I'm looking for coping advice, new friends who've been through this or are in a similar boat, maybe project ideas for me to busy myself with while he's gone, and perhaps just some words of encouragement or support because who doesn't like a little bit of that?

Reply here or pm me, I would love to get to know more people involved with loving someone in the military! I look forward to talking to you all. <3
    Last edited by Ashnnwrites; 04-26-2017 at 02:15 PM.
  2. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    You...might want to edit out the date part of your post? It's vaguer than it could be, but talking about troop movements generally isn't a great idea

Other than that...yes, sure, we can talk if it would help you. Been there, done that, was too cheap for a t-shirt.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    Been there, done that, was too cheap for a t-shirt.
    Haha. Yeah.

Anyway...There was a project thread somewhere a few months ago, and there are tons of coping posts to read through for tips. Welcome to the site!
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hi Ash! I am also going through the first deployment of our relationship with my boyfriend. PM me if you want to chat!
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Hi Ash!

Hey!
    Last edited by anyabe; 05-18-2017 at 05:17 PM.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hey! I'm in a similar boat and would love to chat.
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnnwrites View Post
    Hello!
    My boyfriend and I are going through our first deployment together. I have complete faith that we will make it through, because what we have is so strong. We were going to get married before he was supposed to deploy after the holidays but unfortunately the military had other plans for him.

So, I'm looking for coping advice, new friends who've been through this or are in a similar boat, maybe project ideas for me to busy myself with while he's gone, and perhaps just some words of encouragement or support because who doesn't like a little bit of that?

Reply here or pm me, I would love to get to know more people involved with loving someone in the military! I look forward to talking to you all. <3
    Hey girl! Welcome to the site!

I'm also going through the first deployment of our relationship. Please feel free to PM me if you would like to chat! I'd love for another person to chat with/vent to/bounce ideas off of!
  8. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnnwrites View Post
    Hello!

I am in a similar place girl! First deployment. Makes you a little nervous. Huh? Well, PM me