Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: 1st deploy almost over

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Duh 1st deploy almost over

Advertisements
    So my DB is coming home in June after 12months of being deployed. This is my first deployment EVER and don't know the routine or traditional time that you wait or don't wait to have a welcome back blow out. I want to do something small for us first sense, lets face it, it's been a while for both of us . But also know that he has family that will want to see him also. So how long do I wait or not wait? what is appropriate what's not?
    ALso...Here is the bomb shell...(bad wording?) His son will be coming down this year to be with him for the entire school year . This is super big because his ex wife is.. well to be civil... difficult and so there is a chance he will be here later in the summer. Should I just wait and have a celebration for both at once? Like a father son reunion? That way he has time to recover and get over jet Lag and prep for his sons arrival....

What cha think?
  2. Senior Member
    Part of it will be on what he wants as well as what can people do.

When my husband came home from deployment the first time his family couldn't make it out. Even my parents couldn't make it so it was just us two. Now we were also married.

Ask him what he wants. Also if you are close to the other family ask them their intentions. Sometimes the SM don't know what they want when they come home.
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Well his family refuses to talk to me because of reasons that are unknown to me

When I ask him what his plans are or what he wants he states he does not have time to think about it
    This is not his first deployment but it is Our first

if it was soley up to me id just have us do nothing but sleep and relax for a week. if it was up to his family they would have him traveling to them and back and forth for weeks .

This will be interesting to say the least
  4. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

As Margot stated, it's really up to him as to what he does after deployment. I gave my husband time and space to readjust to civilian life when he came off his last deployment. For the most part, we just hung out at the house, but every once in a while he wanted to go somewhere to meet up with his family or mine and since he didn't have a valid driver's license anymore, I had to do the driving, lol. I'm glad you're getting your DB back soon!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I guess what I need to do is just lay back for a bit and just not over think it. Continue to do what I do until he needs sme to do other wise. And just give him the time and space he feels is necessary. Which is super hard because I absolutely love his arms around me lol