Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEPLOYMENT HELP!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

DEPLOYMENT HELP!

Advertisements
    My boyfriend and I have been together for five months. He is currently deployed in Poland until Mid October. I need some advice!
  2. Regular Member
    Hello! My DB is still in basic so I don't have much advise for deployment exactly, but what has helped me is staying busy with work, school and hobbies. I'm here just to talk whenever you need it too
  3. Senior Member
    What kind of advice are you looking for?
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I keep myself pretty busy during the day. I work full time but eating dinner and watching movies by myself is pretty depressing. I start college in April. So that should keep me busy. Deployment is really hard. I talk to him everyday but only a few minutes here and there. He is also 7 hours ahead of me. When he is going to bed I'm still at work. When he is eating lunch and has some free time to talk its four in the morning over here! I just need some friends who know what I'm going through.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Same

B just left yesterday, so we won't be in communication for a few days. He's also going to Poland.

When he texted, "It's time my love," I was heartbroken.
  6. Regular Member
    My advice is, try not to dwell. Keep yourself as busy as possible. Write down your feelings in a journal, keep yourself busy with projects that have to do with him (care packages, plan a trip for when he gets back, think about birthday presents if it's coming up, etc.) Keep several countdowns so you can knock off each day as it passes (it feels really good!!) Have a good support system, see your friends and family a lot. Reward yourself at checkpoints, such as 1/4 way through, half way through etc. Or even just once a week maybe do something you wouldn't normally do, or buy yourself something you wouldn't usually. Time will pass, if you ever need support you can absolutely message me my boyfriend isn't deployed right now, he's on temporary duty, but we have been through a deployment before so I may be able to offer more advice to you. Good luck!
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schae10 View Post
    B just left yesterday, so we won't be in communication for a few days. He's also going to Poland.

When he texted, "It's time my love," I was heartbroken.
    Oh my goodness the "leaving" talk never gets easier. if you ever need to chat, I'm here.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Keep yourself busy! Find some fun stuff to look forward to! Get a hobby, write letters, fill up your time as much as you can with stuff that's going to keep your mind occupied! You've got this

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  9. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Busy, busy, busy! It also helps me to make monthly little "events" a girls night, a holiday, a small trip...something that I look forward to to take my mind off of the long end goal.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

10. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by JennyJennJenn View Post
    Keep yourself busy! Find some fun stuff to look forward to! Get a hobby, write letters, fill up your time as much as you can with stuff that's going to keep your mind occupied! You've got this
    Quote Originally Posted by *Bazinga* View Post
    Busy, busy, busy! It also helps me to make monthly little "events" a girls night, a holiday, a small trip...something that I look forward to to take my mind off of the long end goal.
    These ladies are right! Keep busy, find a hobby to take up, write letters, plan outings with girlfriends and family if you can. You'll get there!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast