Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extension

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Extension

Advertisements
    Boyfriend only had one more week til he was coming home, and I just got the call that it'll be longer and we don't know how much longer. I read other people's posts about how this happens sometimes. How do you guys handle this so well? I'm not doing well at all
  2. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I don't know but I wouldn't be either. If you want to talk feel free to email me and I can email or give you my number. Or my Instagram is navy.girlfriend I hope everything gets better.
  3. Senior Member
    I'm confused. On Dec. 19, he hadn't even left yet, and now his deployment was supposed to be about over? So it was a 3-4 week deployment?

Unfortunately, this happens. If you are sure everything is on the up and up and is as he says it is, then sadly, this is the nature of the beast and something that will probably happen often. You learn never to look at any date as set in stone.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Based on your initial post I'm going to say this turned into a 3 week TDY that got extended? It happens. Like Vill said, you'll learn to not rely on dates as set in stone. You have got to find a way to keep yourself occupied and be able to fully function with your SO gone. I understand it's tough but it's also not negotiable if you're planning on a future with a military SO.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Originally it was going to be a 3 week TDY, then airlift was having issues and couldn't get everything straight so they went a week later and now they're having more issues with airlift and the visiting nation's base that he's there even longer. I know I have to accept it and deal with it if I want a future together but it was a huge letdown getting that call yesterday. If it's okay Ash I'm gonna follow you on Instagram?
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    THEY GOT EXTENDED AGAIN. And I lost my federal job because of the hiring freeze. I need a hug. So bad (
  7. Senior Member
    Patrick, I'm so so sorry!

"You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

8. Senior Member
    Sorry you are having a bad day.

I have a question though, how did you lose your job because of the hiring freeze? I thought the freeze only applied to those trying to get a job, not those already working for the Federal government.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    Sorry you are having a bad day.

I have a question though, how did you lose your job because of the hiring freeze? I thought the freeze only applied to those trying to get a job, not those already working for the Federal government.
    All I can think of is that he was still in the interview process. A lot of spots got cancelled after they were closed/had sent out interview info etc.
  10. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    All I can think of is that he was still in the interview process. A lot of spots got cancelled after they were closed/had sent out interview info etc.
    This. Only people that hadn't been brought on by Trump's set date would've been canceled. No one actually "lost" their jobs.
    ~Becca~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast