Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Just Want To Talk To Him

1. Regular Member

I Just Want To Talk To Him

Advertisements
    My husband hasn't been able to get internet access yet, so we have had very little chance to talk. Just a few minutes in the evening if the wifi in the dining hall isn't overwhelmed. Mostly, it has been.

Well, I woke up this morning to find a facebook message from 4:30 AM from him telling me that he got internet and to message him when I can talk, since his sleep is all messed up anyway. Several hours later and a couple of "pokes", and still no response from him. Worst bit is, it says he's seen them.

My guess is he actually is managing some sleep, wakes up enough to look at the phone but then sets it aside. Or he hasn't actually seen anything, but it is being marked as seen because FB sucks. Or even that his roommate is the one that checked, Whatever the case, it sucks.

I understand if he's sleeping. Can't even rationally be upset about it. But it is almost worse that he said to message him when I want to talk a bit and he'd be around than if he had just said that he has internet now, and looks forward to talking to me later. Yesterday was able a particularly bad day for missing him, so getting a chat dangled in front of me just to come to nothing feels extra crappy.

Not sure the point of this post, except maybe to vent a bit and maybe hear from some others going through any similar "I really want to talk but..." situations.
  2. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Poking is still a thing on Facebook?!

life's a party, rock your body
  3. Regular Member
    Not an actual poke. Just sending a "hi" or something to see if he responds.
  4. Senior Member
    That sounds so frustrating! I hope yall can talk soon!

5. Regular Member
    This does sound really frustrating! I hope you hear from him soon!
  6. Regular Member
    We did get to chat a bit around 7 PM my time! It wasn't for as long as I would have liked, but it was still good to hear he's settling in. And it sounds like he and his room mate are a pretty good fit, which is nice.

Thank you all for your support!
  7. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

I'm glad you were able to talk to him for a little bit! It can be so frustrating when you want to talk and it doesn't seem like they do. I've been there. Most of the time they do want to, they're just really tired or want some time to themselves. Hope you're able to talk to him again soon!

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

UGH! TOO RELATABLE!

Omg I've been stressing myself out over that for the last couple weeks. My best friend finally had to sit down and tell me I was over reacting. It's still so frustrating no matter what anyone else says though.... Keep your head up!!
  9. Regular Member
    We've actually gotten to talk once a day since then, which has been nice. Sometimes that meant only five minutes, but it's nice just to be able to hear he's doing well and give him a bit of news about the kids.

One bit of extra nice news was that he'll be going to a night schedule soon, which means he'll be awake at the same time we are. Should give us a nice chunk of time to talk on his days off, without anyone having to lose out on sleep.
  10. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by fenixphire View Post
    We've actually gotten to talk once a day since then, which has been nice. Sometimes that meant only five minutes, but it's nice just to be able to hear he's doing well and give him a bit of news about the kids.

One bit of extra nice news was that he'll be going to a night schedule soon, which means he'll be awake at the same time we are. Should give us a nice chunk of time to talk on his days off, without anyone having to lose out on sleep.
    Yessss! That makes things so much easier!

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast