Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Update of dealing with this.

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Update of dealing with this.

Advertisements
    Just a quick little update : I am absolutely hating staying in my house right now. I have no idea why, I'm back at parents when my husband is deployed and I guess I hate it because he isn't there. So every time I'm in my room I just go insane with reminders he is not with me. His clothes, backpacks, other belongings really get to me.

Currently just got up at left to a nearby park in his truck, and he loves rock music. I can't stand it, but listening to his station now while sitting in his truck at the park parking lot- bawling my eyes out because I just want to be as close to him as possible at this moment.

Having some alone time here before heading back home.
  2. Senior Member
    Is there a reason you moved home? Everyone is different, but for me, living with my parents (even though they are great and we get along super well) would make deployment so much harder. In addition to having DH gone, I'd be away from my home and my routine and that would only add to the stress and sadness. If there's not some other reason you moved to your parents, have you considered going back home to where you live with your DH?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Senior Member
    I agree with Vil, being in a different situation is probably adding stress which might be making you miss your DH even more. When my sister's husband deployed she moved back in with my parents because she didn't want to be alone in Texas, but it ended up being hard for her to adapt and threw her into a but of depression.

I think you should communicate your sadness with your family, they might be able to help a lot more than you think. Focus on you and the things that make you happy. Try to set some goals to better yourself in the time that he is gone.
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    The reason i moved back in with my parents is because we would of been better off financially, also my family and friends are here in the town where my parents live, so i didn't see any point of living where we were stationed.
    To give you an idea, it's an 12 hour drive from that city to where i am at now. Yes, i could fly back and forth but i honestly didn't see a point in that since there was nothing really going on for me and my husband where we were stationed at anyways.

He also rather me be here with my family and friends knowing where i'm at and who i'm with-
    It gives him some reassurance that i'm alright while he's gone.
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Thank you, Sabine.
    I think the reason i am mainly so upset is the fact that every time i come back home to visit family, it's with my husband. It's just a weird feeling to know the fact that he isn't here with me this time around, so it just reminds me that he is gone on deployment.
    I'm slowly trying to find myself a daily routine here, going back into a work + school schedule. For the moment i am just having some time to myself, also i have been able to communicate with him at least everyday and that definitely has been a huge plus.