Hi,

This is our first deployment and our first time apart. We have been together for 5 years and married for 3. We have 3 children together.

We've been a part for about 6 months now and only have a few more to go. It has been EXTREMELY stressful for us both. Communication was great, we could chat via FB almost everyday. I would send pics of the kids as often as I could. But my husband would often say how much he misses us, how he hates that he's missing the kids grow, and how he wishes he didnt choose these orders. We had a great thing going with our communication and saying how much we loved each other. Until recently my husband made a complete 180, he's suddenly saying that he's been unhappy in the marriage for so long and he feels trapped. There has been absolutely NO SIGNS of him being unhappy until now. He always said we were his happiness and he couldnt wait to get back. No he barely talks to me and if I bring up trying to work on our marriage he gets frustrated and says "I hate repeating myself, I said I don't want this anymore".

Let me add that our marriage has not been bad at all. We have our few arguments here and there, but nothing that we can't work through.

So I want to know if anyone else's SO went down a similar path during deployments, was it just stress making them say things, and did you work through them?

PS, I'm completely positive there is no other woman involved.