Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Need to space out emails?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Need to space out emails?

Advertisements
    So my DW has been on her Navy deployment for almost 5 months now and it's supposed to be an 8 month one. She's been communicating with me a lot with emails which i feel so blessed and appreciative of her for making time out of her busy 12 hour days. I'm just getting worried that we're emailing too much now and it's not giving that time to miss each other more. Is it a good idea to tell her to not email me as much or not respond as frequently so we can miss each other more? This is our 1st deployment btw.
  2. Senior Member
    If it's working well so far why change it? Are you feeling suffocated, do you not have anything to say..? There's not really a right way to handle this, it's very dependent on the couple.
  3. Senior Member
    Every couple is different. For some, overcommunicating is a real issue and causes bickering. Me, I am a communicator and i crave it so I can never get enough of it. If what you're doing right now works and doesn't cause any problems, I wouldn't change it. I would feel very taken aback if my DF all of a sudden came to me and told me "hey I think we are communicating too much. We should email/text/message less"
  4. Senior Member
    Talk to her and see how she feels about the communication, but there's no reason to change what's working. Don't try to play a game or manipulate the situation to create feelings. Just do what works.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thanks for the replies!! Ya maybe I'm over thinking it and just do what works. I think I will email her and ask what she thinks. I'm a strong communicator and I definitely desire it all the time. But she isn't the same way, she's very very independent and says once in a while, "hope you're doing well, love you, just thinking about you" is good enough for her. We're different in that way but we balance each other out.
  6. Senior Member
    Every couple and every deployment is different. Both my husband and sister have deployed on carriers.

My husbands deployment, I was lucky to get a 5 sentence email each night.

My sister I was able to talk to her generally every day via Facebook messenger. While yes my sister and I are not a couple we have gotten very close over the years.