Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: We lost contact

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Sad We lost contact

Advertisements
    I haven't heard from my fiancé in about a week. He did say something that stuck out about two weeks ago. He apologized if he was not able to be there for me emotionally. He is on deployment right now and I know there was an increase of attacks where is at. He told me that when it comes to a mission he just blocks everything out in order to focus, which is understandable to me. I guess you can say it just hurts because there was no warning of him no longer staying in contact. We managed to stay in contact everyday since the beginning and then out of nowhere he disappeared. He deactivated his iMessages and according to facebook he got rid of his messenger. I'm assuming he just deleted all his social media especially since he also hasn't been active online in a week. I'm just nervous about him and I as well as to how he is doing. I'm just hoping to hear from him soon..
  2. Senior Member
    I'm sorry. That sounds very thoughtless and hurtful.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I'm sorry. That sounds very thoughtless and hurtful.
    I don't think he did it on purpose, I just think something may have come up.
  4. Senior Member
    How is deleting messenger not on purpose? Maybe I'm not understanding correctly.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Vex
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    Blog Entries

So, he left you with SOME way to get ahold of him if you need to, right? Deleting all of this crap doesn't mean you're completely without any type of communication, I hope.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    He has the type of mindset where he feels like he is a burden to others and he attempts to detach himself so he doesn't get overly emotional about it or distracted. I can still e-mail him and write to him, he is just avoiding electronical forms of communicating.
  7. Senior Member

I have done this before when I'm stressed out and my husband does it too to an extent. We usually just let the other one know that we're ok just need some uninterrupted "me" time. Obviously his case is different since he is down range and from your posts in a hot zone... My advice would be to continue to email him & write him like you would normally. Hopefully as things calm down and he isn't as stressed, everything will return to normal for you two.
  8. Senior Member
    It's understandable that he's very stressed. But I'd be pretty pissed if my DH didn't contact me if he was able to. Not saying he has to contact me at all times, but a simple email saying "Hey, I'm ok. Just dealing with a lot. I love you" something along those lines, is necessary. He has to know that it is important to let you know that he's ok.